Divine Beast Vah Medoh.

Link just found it ironic how he was the one that had to save Revali. It was true that the two didn't exactly see eye to eye, but that didn't mean Link was going to be cruel and leave him to stay trapped in the Divine Beast. Plus... he needed the Divine Beast to drain Ganon's power, so he had no choice...

He raised the Sheikah Slate up to the stone terminal, turning it the same deep blue like he had done with the other one. His cheeks were red with the cold altitude that came with the Divine Beast. The cool wind rushed through his hair as he put the slate back on his belt.

"Well, i'll be plucked..." a voice came from behind.

Link knew that voice, and he knew that the bird behind it was even cockier than his choice of words. Revali... Link just didn't want to talk to him, though he did like the prospect of being able to rub this in his face. He decided not to though, he just let Revali talk for the first time in over a century.

"You defeated him, eh?" Link turned to his side, staring blankly at him as his spirit flapped down and plopped down onto the floor before straightening up and looking back to Link.

"Who would've thought.." he mused, holding his wings up in a questioning motion, "Well done." he balled his fist.

"I suppose I should thank you now that my spirit is now free." he waved his hand in front of him as if it didn't matter, "This returns Medoh back to it's rightful owner!" he looked around, his wings held high in appreciation.

"Don't preen yourself just for doing your job." he looked away from Link distastefully before looking back at him sharply.

Link secretly cursed him under his breath. Revali had never shown him any respect when he was alive, and it seemed nothing had changed in the hundred years of him being dead.

"I do suppose you've proven your value as a warrior." he said begrudgingly, gesturing to him with his wings, " A warrior worthy of my unique ability." he said, throwing down his hand and holding himself in a mighty manner.

"The sacred skill that I have dubbed Revali's Gale!" he swung his wings around and raised them, producing a blue sphere of light.

Suddenly, Revali leaned backwards and threw the orb straight into Link's chest. The last whisps of magic vanished into him and he could feel himself being lifted up into the air by a mighty torrent of wind. It twisted around him, creating a mini tornado that lifted him into the air. He flew up into the air, flipped over and landed, kneeling on the floor. He looked up towards Revali.

"It's now time to move on and start making preparations for Medoh's strike on Ganon." he continued, not that thrilled that Link now had his special power, "But only if you think you'll still need my help while you're fighting inside Hyrule Castle." he mused sarcastically.

"Feel free to thank me now.." he smirked, raising his welcoming arms for praise.

Link started to glow in golden light, he knew what that meant. He was about to be transported back to the village.

"Or...never mind, just go." he started to turn away but stopped, "Your job is far from finished you know." with that, he turned his back on Link.

"The princess has been waiting an awful long time." he added as the glow took over Link and he was taken apart into small golden particles and transported away.

***

Medoh swooped down towards the village, it's back legs stuck out in front, waiting to make contact with the perch. Quickly, it's body moved vertically upwards, bringing in to a slow decent as it came down onto the overhanging rock that ran up the village. As it made contact, the rock buckled, but ultimately, it was stable.

It straightened up and held it's wings wide apart, it's beak pointing towards the castle. From it's tip, burst a burst of crimson energy, a red beam producing from it to the castle, to Ganon. 

"Medoh's sights are now set. You'll have a precise bead on Ganon from this vantage point. And when the time is right, give him everything you've got! Now we wait for that perfect moment... Medoh, we've been artfully patient for the last 100 years. I doubt you'll suffer a feather over a few more moments..."

Revali was standing proud on the top of his Divine Beast, overlooking the land that was now what was left of Hyrule, "After all these years, I simply must admit the truth..." he  sighed, not really believing he was about to say what he was going to.

"Even without the power of flight, Link made his way up to this Divine Beast... And accomplished something that even I could not..." he looked up to the heavens, into the golden light, "Guess I was wrong about..." he looked back to the land, "How lucky he would be." 

"I hope that luck holds out, Link... For everyone's sake."