Runaway Princess.

Link and Zelda set out at first light the next morning. Link wanted to get as far away from Malon as possible ever since her behaviour around him. Zelda also wanted to keep away from the stable girl, if Malon found out about Link and Zelda's little make out session in the feild, they would both be punished...

Link was worried that either Malon or Zelda would turn him in. To consort with the Princess of Hyrule was a really serious thing! He had faith that Zelda wouldn't do that, he knew her. It was Malon he had to watch out for.

After Lon Lon Ranch was far behind them, they started their awkward journey in silence. Both had loved the kiss they shared, but neither knew what to make of it. Link was just a knight after all, no kingdoms, land nor soldiers to call his own. Zelda was a Princess, who did have those things... Her father would never approve...

Maybe her father didn't approve it but Urbosa certainly did! Yes! She remembered! Urbosa had tried to get her to open up to her feelings but Zelda had turned her down. She started to wonder whether or not Urbosa would listen to her if she went to her. It had been ages since she had visited Gerudo Town anyways...

***

As soon as the two reached the castle, Zelda headed to her room to prepare for her solo journey. Link couldn't come into Gerudo Town anyways unless the cheif gave him special access...

Link wondered what Zelda was planning, as she seemed to be hurrying along the halls wickedly fast.

Zelda stopped packing around midnight. What was she doing? She couldn't just up and leave to Gerudo Town without an actual reason.

***

Zelda mounted Aspen with difficulty but after she was on, she was off. Zelda couldn't wait to talk to Urbosa about Link. She had even left a note this time as to her where abouts. Last time she ran away, Link just had to make an educated guess, but Zelda didn't want Link to worry this time. The note read as follows:

I have gone to Gerudo Town to check on Divine Beast Vah Naboris. Since men are not permitted in the walls of the Gerudo, I have left alone.

Zelda didn't know whether or not Link would follow her, but at least she could reach the desert in two day's ride. If Link wanted to follow her, he would have to wait until the morning to see the note and then to prepare for the journey. That at least gave her a day heads start...

***

Link arose before dawn like he usually did. He made his way to the bathroom to bathe himself before heading down to breakfast.

Being just a knight, Link wasn't allowed to sit at the King's table like Zelda did unless he was told to. That was alright for him, he liked to busy himself in the kitchens and be useful. Link had made quite a reputation as the best cook among the staff. Link would eat with the culinary staff and learn of their day's as they began making food for the rest of the castle. Link was almost famous in the kitchens for his perfect fruit cake. He had made it for himself on his birthday the year before. All alone.

After catching up with Karple and Florence, the main cooks of the castle, Link made his way up to the Library. Zelda usually reads before she goes to breakfast with her father, but when Link approached her favourite chair, she wasn't there.

That was odd. Link decided to check her room to see if maybe she was still asleep. That was unlikely, Impa was her personal maid and had looked after Zelda all her life, he doubted she would forget to wake the Princess.

Link finally reached her door and knocked gently. No answer. He knocked again. No answer.

Link sighed and opened the door. It wasn't locked.

Link looked around at Zelda's room and saw a piece of parchment on the bed.

Link held it up and read the fancy handwriting that undoubtedly was Zelda's.

After he read it, Link chuckled softly. Of course.