Divine Beast Vah Ruta.

Link held the Sheikah Slate up to the stone terminal, turning it into a fierce blue. With that done, he brought it back into him and hooked it onto the belt of the Zora Armour he was wearing.

It had come as quite a shock when ,upon entering Zora's Domain, Link was given the Zora equivalent of an engagement ring. Zora armour was made by the Zoran Princess for the person they wish to marry, or so Link had been told. This was meant to be a gift from Lady Mipha, but when she reached her untimely death, the King had kept it safe for him. It was no doubt that the armour was made for him, it fit him perfectly, highlighting his bulky muscles. After Link had spent more time in Zora's Domain, he slowly had regained some of his memories, finally putting sense into the whole 'engagment gift' armour.

"Hello, Link." Link stumbled back, who was speaking?

He walked back into the pool of water that came up to his knees. Not too long ago, Waterblight Ganon, a splinter of the real Ganon, had tried to face Link.

"Because of your courage, my spirit is now free." Link scanned the room, looking for the source of the voice.

It started with a faint greenish, blue glow, sending light ripples on the water.

"And Ruta, as well." She said.

Link turned and looked up to the glow. Now, it was no longer just a glow, inside the whisps of blueish fire, there was a figure. A Zora figure.

"Thank you." She stared at her dear friend, still alive, and still as handsome as the day they met.

"For I am now allowed by this freedom... to be with you once again." She smiled.

She was draped in a sash of the royal blue colours. She was donned in a ton of silver jewelry such as a high cocker and stunning headpiece. Her skin was a mix of cream and deep red. Her smile was familiar. This wasn't just any Zora, this was Mipha!

"Since I am now a spirit," she started to walk towards him over the water, "my healing power would be wasted on me

"Since I am now a spirit," she started to walk towards him over the water, "my healing power would be wasted on me."

"I have no need of it." She kept walking, wanting to close the distance between them, "So therefore... I would like you to have it."

Wait what? Did Mipha seriously just say that? Link was lost for words, like he was most of the time, but this time it was different. Mipha had mostly used her powers to heal him, just like she had done when he had battled the Dodongo. Now she wanted him to have it. He tried to keep his face calm and controlled.

"Please accept... Mipha's Grace." With that, she closed her eyes.

She held up her hands together, like Zelda used to do when she was in prayer. She opened them out infront of her and a ball of light expanded from her fingertips. Suddenly, it came rushing towards him, exploding into harmless sparks upon impact with his chest, the power now flowing through his veins.

Link was being lifted up out of the water by some kind of force, water droplets forming all around him as his body glowed a deep blue. Suddenly, he landed with a splash as he was dropped, he didn't fall over to his relief. He looked at his hands, feeling powers now reside in them.

"Yesterday, I was awash in a pool of tears. I had nearly given up hope and resigned myself to being trapped here, as a spirit, for the rest of eternity." Link looked up into Mipha's saddened eyes, so small when there was distance in between them.

"But now you're here." She smiled a childish smile, "All this time, my hope... was to see you once more."

Link stared at Mipha, pity and sadness lining his heart. He was wearing the armour she had made for him, but she had not given it to him. He could almost see her blush if it wasn't for the fact she was laced in the blue glow of her spirit form.

"Promise me that you will not hesitate to call upon my power if you ever find yourself in need." She knew she didn't have much time left.

"Knowing that...will let my spirit rest in peace."

Link felt a golden hue form around him, he was about to be transported back to the Domain.

"I must go. Ruta and I have roles to fulfill." She stated, knowing she must stay in her Divine Beast.

"We are both honored to be able to play the role of support." She clutched her hands to her chest and smiled at her best friend, "We'll annihilate Ganon together."

"Farewell." She tried to keep her voice calm as the golden hue started to engulf Link.

"Save her, Link." She added," Save the princess. Save Princess Zelda."

The blinding golden light took over, turning Link into a ball of shining particles, rocketing upwards and out of the Divine Beast.

***

Divine Beast Vah Ruta lifted it's trunk out of the lake and held it above its head before letting out a loud noise. It no longer donned a shade of dark pink in the form of Ganon, but rather, had turned back into it's original blue self.

It started to sink into the water, disappearing into the depths. A few moments later, it sprouted from the lake from the other side. It didn't take Vah Ruta long to scale the glassy mountain and find itself pointing towards Hyrule Castle, way off in the distance. Every step taken, the ground shook violently, telling people from all around that Ruta was back.

The trunk was lifted up and the tusks moved forward before a burst of red energy sprouted from the trunks. It created a crimson beam of fire towards Hyrule Castle, and therefore Ganon.

"Ruta, we've found a way to be useful to Link." Mipha felt relieved before adding, "And... the other Champions, of course."

"Our job will be to help Link as he fights Ganon inside the castle... however we can." She sighed, remembering her failure, one hundred years ago.

"Using your ability to drain Ganon of his power is key to our success." She walked on the very top of the Divine Beast and looked over the land, "This is it. This will be our last chance... and everyone's last hope. If we seal him away, then we can restore peace to Hyrule." She was trying to sound as though she was talking to Ruta, when she was actually trying to convince herself she wasn't a failure.

She crouched down and stroked her Divine Beast, "And both your duty and mine will be fulfilled."

She got back up and turned towards her home, Zora's Domain. She couldn't help but wonder if everyone was thriving or not, "Father, are you well, I wonder... I want you to know... I have always followed my heart." She looked down, knowing her voice was a whisper and no one was listening, "I'm sorry I made you worry... I wish I could see you again... Even just once more..." She turned back to the castle, unwilling to look back.