Love At First Knight.

Link didn't bring up their awkward morning together. He was still confused as to how it had even happened. It wasn't everything that you woke up with the Princess of Hyrule snuggled into your chest. Zelda had promised to explain, but she failed to specify when.

They had been on the path for most of the day, planning to travel back to the castle. Zelda expressed that she had left her valuable research notes by her bed in her hurried rush. The route they had planned would take Link past an old friend who he assured Zelda would let them stay the night.

Link hadn't seen Malon in years. The last time he had seen her, Epona had only just been born and Link's father had still been around. Malon and Link only knew each other because their fathers were talking business over the ranch and the two children got bored. It would be a lie to say that they were best friends but they could get along when it came to their horses.

Link had taken a shine to Epona and with some persuasion, Link got his father to buy the new born calf. It was rather silly to admit, but Link had learnt to play the ocarina in order to tame the wild horse. The ocarina was supposed to be played by small children, but Link had kept his because it brought back memories of his childhood. Link had found the blue ocarina on the shore of Lake Hylia. Silly as it was, Link always knew that blue ocarina was special somehow...

While Link thought of his lost memories, Zelda had been trying to put together a believable story to tell Link, explaining why she had moved over to him that morning.

Zelda brought Aspen into a slow trot making Epona do the same. Zelda stiffened up and bucked up her shoulders. She put on her usual cold Princess voice.

"Link, I owe you an apology..."

Link shook his head, coming out of his trance. Link looked at Zelda expectantly, fully knowing that she meant the misunderstanding that morning.

"Last night I was cold. I knew that with both of our body heat, it could keep us warm" Zelda tried to sound convincing.

Link chuckled before he winked at her, "Of course, Princess" Zelda blushed and giggled.

Link was relieved that she didn't hold anything against him. It was also nice to know that she felt safe around him as well...

***

Link led the horses on foot in to the field. They passed the sign that was overhead that held the name of the ranch.

Welcome to Lon Lon Ranch.

A balding man came out of one of the small structures.

"Well hello, Link!" The man said full of joy.

"I'm surprised you remembered me" Link beamed as he led Epona and Aspen to one of the fences to tie them down.

"How could I forget that face!" The man smiled, "and the fine horse I gave you all those years ago!" He chuckled, stroking Epona.

"We were hoping you could let us stay the night" Zelda piped up, walking around Aspen to look at the man.

"Princess? Oh... Um... Of course, it's just, if I knew that royalty would be staying, I would have tidied up a bit-"

"Not to worry, Me and Link will stay in the barn" Zelda said humbly.

***

After being peer pressured into staying the entire weekend, Link and Zelda headed to the horse's field with Aspen and Epona. Link could hear singing. He knew that voice, even though it had been years since he last heard it.

Malon had grown so much since their last encounter. She still had her nutmeg brown hair, stretching all the way to her waist. She still wore a plain white dress, but this time it had a corset to fit her feminine figure.

Malon turned around and saw Link. How he had grown! He no longer wore his little green tunic, but rather wore a sky blue tunic, embroidered with complex patterns. His hair was tied back in a rugged ponytail, making him look so badass. His sideburns flowed in the wind, showing the world he was a man. His finely tuned abs could be seen pressing against the fabric, telling Malon that he was fit and fabulous.

Malon discreetly put her hands on her hips to make her curves pop out. She cleared her throat and walked up to him with a cute spring in her step.

"Well well well, Link, i wasn't expecting you" she purred.

"Your father was kind enough to offer us shelter for the weekend." Zelda popped up beside Link.

"Princess?" Zelda nodded.

Malon continued to make I-want-you eyes at Link all throughout their route planning that afternoon. Zelda noticed this and decided on one thing.

Zelda hated Malon. Why did she care? Because she loved Link...