Links between nightmares.

A scream woke her up. It was the middle of the night and the moonlight filled the room. On any other occasion she heard a scream during the dark hours, it was her own, from one of her nightmares. But when her eyes had adjusted, she saw that she wasn't sweating. Her bed wasn't as crumpled as they usually were after the nightmare scares. Her breathing was paced and her pulse wasn't through the roof. So who had screamed?

Link! She thought quickly, if he was being attacked, what could she do?

Flying out of bed, she grabbed one of the pokers out of the dying fire and rushed into the corridor. She barged into Link's room, the poker over her head, ready to strike. She stopped. There was no one there except Link.

His breathing was laboured, the duvet and bedsheets were cold and damp from sweat as well as crumpled. His back was haunched and he tried to regain control of his breathing. His hair was matted to his face with sweat. He was a perfect mirror of herself.

Zelda put her 'weapon' down.

"What happened?" She asked hoarsely.

"Nothing Princess... Just a nightmare..."

Zelda gasped. A nightmare? Was it like hers? Did he have these often?

"You have them too?" She blurted out before she could control herself.

"I can't remember what happens exactly... I'm surrounded by trees. On either side of me I see arms trying to grab me, so I run... But that's all I remember... But it seems so real..."Link suddenly realised that he was still in the presence of the Princess and had spoken out of term with her, so he dropped his usual silence over the room.

Zelda knew the feeling. When she wakes up, it's like she had actually been running. It looked exactly the same as Link.

Zelda's knees buckled, and she fell to the floor, letting go of the poker.

"You have them too..." She whispered.

Link rushed out of bed ,put on a shirt, and helped her to her feet. She felt a bit light headed so he put his arms on her shoulders and supported her weight as he led her back to her own bedroom.

Before she knew it, he had helped her to her bed and had silently exited the room leaving the Princess in awe of this new predicament...

Tomorrow, they were to start traveling Hyrule together and he would be her only companion. Maybe they could swap dreams and try to find out what they were about. But what if they are about what will happen when Calamity Ganon shows up and I haven't gotten my powers yet? No, she wouldn't have anything to talk to Link about, better not to ask. Let him be silent for the rest of his life. He was a soldier. He was a 'Boy'...