Linkle.

Link had refused to even touch the crossbow as they traveled back to Hyrule Castle. He told Zelda that she had to carry it because he was afraid to hold it in case he- Link decided to leave that last part out, it would be too embarrassing.

They reached the Castle later that week and Link still refused to hold the crossbow. Zelda couldn't help but giggle at Linking frightened face. He spent their entire journey pouting like a little baby.

When they did reach the castle, the other Champions were summoned. That left Zelda and Link another night to themselves before the others arrived the next morning. Link took her down to the kitchens and showed her how to make his favourite stew. Zelda gave up half way through and just watched Link slave over the dish, before serving both of them! Link was so talented! She just couldn't believe that Link, the master swordsman, could cook.

Link and Zelda curled up in bed, this time they made sure to get in the right nightwear to get comfortable.

***

"Oh, come on Link! What is so dreadful that even the essteamed Hylian Champion can't pick up." Revali teased him all morning making everyone in the room laugh.

"He's right, you've kept us all waiting" Mipha chuckled along with Zelda. Midna joined in to everyone's surprise.

"Aw alright!" Link smacked the table and he grabbed the crossbow furiously. At first, he thought nothing happened. But when he saw the faces of his fellow champions, he just had to ask.

"Did it work-" Link jumped as he heard his voice. It had changed so drastically. It was now higher pitched and softer. He looked down at his body-but it was no longer his body, it was her body. Yes... It had worked. She no longer had her champion tunic, she wore a green hooded shawl. She had knee high leather boots and a high cut pair of shorts that showed off her curves. Two crossbows, including the one she had picked up were belted onto her boots. Round her neck was a rather unusual timepiece. Linkle crossed her arms and turned away.

"I hate you all" she pouted as all the champions laughed at his new appearance

"I hate you all" she pouted as all the champions laughed at his new appearance. When she realised that the reason they were all still laughing was the fact that her shorts were so high that her but was sticking out, she turned back around.

"This is why I didn't want to pick up the damn crossbow!" She twiddled her plated hair and pulled down her hood so that they couldn't see her face.

"So? What do we call you now? We can't just say Lady Link all the time" Revali snickered, bringing a chuckle from everyone.

"Linkle is my name, or rather was when I was her" Linkle gestured to her body so as to say that when Link looked like this, she was called Linkle. She knew it was too difficult to explain and therefore she just shrugged and went back to pouting.

"Maybe you should put the crossbow down?" Urbosa suggested, knowing that Link probably felt extremely embarrassed.

She nodded and took the weapon from her boot and layed it down on the table. Nothing happened. She looked down at her body, still nothing changed.

"Oh, great, I'm stuck as a girl!" She huffed as she threw her hands on the air. Everyone snickered.

***

Hours had passed and still Linkle waited to go back to her original form. The King concluded that, for the time being, they should rest, and they won't try to deal with the problem in the morning.

Zelda and Linkle hurried off to their bedrooms. But when they went to enter the same one, Linkle remembered that she was now a girl and that would be extremely weird for Zelda.

Zelda didn't know what to do, she would miss being asleep with Link besides her but now that just wasn't possible. Linkle felt the same way about Zelda, she would miss her because she was still technically a man. Then Linkle got an idea.

"Hey, what about a girl's night?" Zelda's face broke out into a delightful smile.

***

Mipha, Midna, Zelda and Linkle were all spread out on the floor, on top of blankets and eating snacks that Linkle had smuggled from the kitchen. All the other girls felt weird at the fact that Linkle was with them because he was after all, supposed to be a man. But, as it turns out, just like how as a wolf, he played fetch, Linkle was all up to doing girl stuff.

They had started by doing makeovers on each other which to everyone's surprise, Linkle was extremely good at. After that, they had taken turns in trying on the many dresses in Zelda's wardrobe. Midna picked out a white and black gown which reached down to her ankles. Next she tried out a dark pink frock that parted at her knees. Mipha could only fit into a loose brown dinner dress due to her Zora figure. Zelda didn't bother, as she had worn most of them anyways. The best part of the night was when Linkle dressed up. She went for a light green party gown, laced with golden thread. She even let her hair down, making her look unbelievably beautiful, which was disturbing for Zelda. Next, Linkle tried on Zelda's Gerudo outfit. She looked stunning. The girls spent the rest of the night swapping jewelry and playing games, Zelda had never had a girl's night before, but she sure did love them! She even took a few pictures with her Sheikah Slate...