Daruk's Mettle.

"Yeah! I think I'm finally getting the hang of controlling this Divine Beast!" Daruk bellowed into the mountains as  both him and Link rode along the back of Divine Beast Vah Rudania.

"I tell ya what, sure is a blast piloting a toy like this around!" He waved his arms around over his head in his boyish glee.

"Let those other champions know, they better eat their gravel if they wanna keep up with Daruk" He looked off into the distance so as to look intimidating.

Link remained quite as usual, and let his brother have fun.

"Speaking of which, can you believe this veiw? Just Look at all those delectable rocks sprinkled on that mountain. Mighty tasty!"

"I may not know a whole lot about this Calamity Ganon thing, but mark my words, I'll protect this land of ours to the death!" Daruk lifted his huge arm over his head and brought it down quickly.

"Right, little guy!" Daruk's hand came down hard on Link's back, sending him a few places forward and bent over slightly. It never stopped amazing Link what the Gorons could do.

"Eh, by the way... congrats on becoming the Princess's appointed knight. That's a really big deal, protecting the King's daughter. No pressure, hehehe!"

"Seriously though, the Princess is a strong personality." Tell me about it, Link thought as Daruk continued.

"So strong, she can't quite see the range from the peaks. Remember that and you'll be fine."

The ground started to grumble and both Link and Daruk had to concentrate to stay upright.

"Huh, what the-" Daruk looked straight up, up to the side of one of the mountain peaks, where he saw a landslide of boulders coming their way. They fell through the air, heading story for the two warriors.

Daruk lifted his fists and positioned them so that they would hit the boulder. Link thought he was crazy, he would loose his arms!

At the last second, Daruk produced a protective orange barrier around himself, letting the boulder shatter into tiny prices and leaving them safe.

"All right, so what was I saying?" Daruk looked back at Link, a little bit dazed from Death Mountain's assassination attempt on him.

"That was a little strange, as far as I know, Death Mountain had been quite for decades! But if the mountain is shivering enough to send out a bunch of boulders that size then..."

He peered off into the distance, this time, on a specific place, before looking back to Link.

"Nevermind, forget I said anything"