Divine Beast Vah Naboris.

The terminal turned the same royal blue as the others had done. Link pulled the Sheikah Slate back to himself and hooked it back on his belt, relieved it was almost over. As much as he would have loved to get out of the heat that was the Gerudo Desert and finally having a rest in the spa, Link didn't want to leave without seeing Urbosa again.

He looked around eagerly, waiting for the blueish green glow of her spirit to appear. Suddenly, he heard the familiar clicks of high heels on stone.

"I knew you wouldn't let us down, Link." she purred as she continued to descend the flight of stairs slowly.

"Thanks to your valour and skill, my soul is free and Naboris is ours once again." Link slowly turned round, staring into the warm smile of the Gerudo Champion.

" Link slowly turned round, staring into the warm smile of the Gerudo Champion

"Which means that finally... we can complete what we started years ago" she stepped down from the last stair and lent on one of her hips, "We Gerudo have no tolerance for unfinished business."

Looking into her eyes, many wouldn't have believed she was dead, she certainly didn't show any remorse for herself. With Mipha, all she wanted was to be able to see Link on his adventures and to be able to be there for him. Revali only sulked about the whole spirit thing, he didn't want to admit that Link had achieved something he hadn't. Urbosa wasn't like that, she only cared about the now, not caring for the later. She was a the-glass-is-half-full-of-Noble-Persuit kind of person.

"I've waited so long for the moment to see you finally rush Hyrule Castle..." she held out her arms before one went back to her hips and the other balled into a tight fist, "As well as for moment when I incinerate Ganon into a pile of Ash."

"Which reminds me," her fist went down, back to her hips, "I wanted to give you a little something."

She placed a loving hand on her chest, "Please accept this gift which has come to be known as Urbosa's Fury. It will no doubt be of use to you." she flung her arms behind her as she seemed to float above the ground for a few seconds.

She twirled her arms around as she faced Link sideways on. She threw one of her hands out in this direction as a golden light formed at her fingertips. With her other hand, she snapped her fingers and the ball of light hurtled towards him, exploding into his chest. 

The last embers buried themselves inside of him. In a moment of pure power, Link threw his hand in the air before clutching it close to his chest in a tight fist. He bent his legs before spinning around. As he landed back facing Urbosa, he snapped his fingers. A circle of lightning appeared from nowhere, surrounding him in the sudden intense power. He could feel his new ability flowing through him. He looked at his hands, amazed by what she had given him.

"Both you and the princess... I know you have suffered much regarding what happened to us Champions." she looked down, ashamed that she had failed to help her little bird all those years ago.

"But this is how things had to happen" she looked back to Link, "No one need carry blame."

In truth, Urbosa blamed herself. She had cared for Zelda since her mother had died under mysterious circumstances. Urbosa loved her little bird, and she felt ashamed that she had failed her. She also knew that Zelda would try to blame it all on herself, she always blamed it on her not having her sealing powers. Urbosa would not be able to rest if Zelda actually thought that.

"So please, make it clear so she understands that. Tell her to shed any worries."

Link knew what she meant. He had recovered enough of his past life to know that Princess Zelda always blamed herself. She had never truly smiled. She could smile, but there was always an edge of remorse to it, barely anyone could see it. It was like an afterthought, only Link could see it. When she smiled before, even when she was genuinely happy, she still had that thin barrier around her. How much Link wished to see her smile, a true, goofy smile, a smile free from responsibility.

"And let her know... I couldn't be more proud of her." Urbosa put in, right before Link started to glow a golden hue, signalling his time to go.

"You take good care of the princess." she thought that she was finished before she remembered something very important.

"Oh, and also..." she placed her hand on her hip, "Take good care of Hyrule." she winked.

She knew that even after his memory loss, keeping the love between Link and Zelda would never be lost. After Ganon is defeated, Urbosa had no doubt that Link and Zelda would rekindle their 'friendship'. If that is the case, the new ruler of Hyrule would have the power to change a few of the rules, say the rule about princesses having to marry nobles and princes? It was just a thought that Urbosa had.

She smiled at him warmly as he turned into a ball of golden light, floating upwards and disappearing through the ceiling.

***

The joints of Naboris started to buckle as it finally started to move again. Slowly but surely, its huge long legs lifted up and down again, crossing the desert in a matter of minutes in what would have taken an entire week for any normal traveller. Sand flew everywhere with each step, slowly the sandstorm built up again.

Atop one of the shear cliffs of the Gerudo desert, Naboris started to kneel down, its weight doing most of the job. From the cliff, it overlooked Hyrule Castle. Suddenly, the sides of the Divine Beast started to turn around, sticking out from the rest of the body. The red pulsing beam shot out from in between the two headpieces, striking on the castle.

"Nabooru...Legend of the Gerudo, celebrated over ages. And you," she marvelled at her Divine Beast, "who were named to honor her- you are a legend as well. Isn't that right, Naboris?"

All the Divine Beasts were named after one of the seven sages. Naboris from Nabooru. Medoh after Medli. Rudania from Darunia. Ruta after Princess Ruto.

"The bitter essence of defeat from a century ago still sits upon my tongue..." she spat, "But that is now in the past..."

"It was written that Calamity Ganon once adopted the form of a Gerudo."

This was true, though it wasn't spoken of. That was why, when she had found out about Link's lost heritage with the Gerudo, she had been reluctant at first. She feared the time when a new king was born, each time making the people weary of Ganon.

"And that...will make this victory all the more satisfying." she swaggered up the edge of the Divine Beast's head, getting a good look over Hyrule.

"I like that." she purred, crossing her arms in twisted anger, "Now I can take this personally.."

"Once we've established a lock on that thing..." she said, focusing back to her mission at hand, "It will be up to Link to keep Ganon occupied until the moment we unleash our strike."

She replaced her hand back onto her hip, biding her time, "That moment...is going to be so delicious..." she laughed her big belly laugh as she settle down and waited.