The Boy in Battle.

Zelda and Link didn't talk for the most part of their journey to the far off stables. It would take them around a day to reach the stable Inn so they could rest. Zelda considered asking him about his dream but decided not to.

They were planning to go and visit Rito Village so as to see Revali and to investigate Divine Beast  Vah Medoh. Link thought it was bad enough that they were visiting Revali, but he had hoped that we would be able to follow Urbosa's word and try to become friends with the Princess. This would be one of his most hardest assignments yet...

They entered a mountainous area where the shadows cast by the rocks put Zelda on edge. Link sensed in before it came. Ambush...

Within a blink of an eye, a hoard of bokoblins had them pinned in three directions. Link pulled on Epona's reign and she bucked high as he drew the Mastersword, ready for a fight.

As Epona came down, so did Link's sword, slashing the first surprised bokoblin across the chest and sending him whimpering to the ground, dead before his head ever hit the grass

As Epona came down, so did Link's sword, slashing the first surprised bokoblin across the chest and sending him whimpering to the ground, dead before his head ever hit the grass. The one next to the fallen victim, nashed his pointed teeth and held his club up high, ready to strike at Epona's legs, and topple the Knight to the ground. Link saw this and decided to use his ranger skills to end the creature. Link unhooked his feet from their saddle bridles, so when he swung his body to his side, he swung all the way to Epona's underbelly. Link used his strong legs to tense up and hang onto Epona as he rode upside down. Link brought down the Mastersword into the surprised bokoblin's skull. Another one took it's place, running at Link full speed. Link saw the wretched thing run to him, even though to him he was upside down, Link still had an advantage. Link used what energy was left in his legs to pull himself back up into the saddle with enough momentum, so that when the Mastersword came wiping back up, it caught the unfortunate creature between the legs and sliced up through to it's stomach before getting stuck and lifted it up. With Link's agility, he used this to throw the heavy corpse at another of it's buddies, spraying Link in purple-ish, red-ish blood. Good thing he had his cloak on him, it created a perfect line below his eyes of blood.

Link had always been burdened with nightmares of his past life. He had remembered every battle he had ever thought in. Usually he would wake up and forget most of it but when he was fighting, he remembered. After hundreds and hundreds of battles, and the infinite outcomes of each, Zelda dieing would be one, his death would be another. It wasn't just what had happened that scared him. He also had nightmares of the future or to put it another way, what could be... When Link was fighting, he remembered it all. And after all of that, Link had learned to play dirty, leaving no mercy...

With hot blood painted on his face, Link remembered...

He jumped off Epona into a summersault and landed with the hilt of his blade producing from one of the monster's head below him, the blade had got straight through it's skull, through it's torso and was sticking out of it's backside. Leaping from the standing corpse, Link rolled on the ground and cut the next creature's legs off, letting them fall before finishing it off.

All the while, Zelda cowered on the back of her horse, near sick from the revolting sight. The sight was bad enough, purple and red-ish blood splattered everywhere and was seeping into the earth. The sound didn't help, the crushing of bones and the slicing of flesh. But the smell was definitely the worst. Bokoblins were usually stinky anyways but that smell of filth was now mixed with sweat and blood. Zelda gagged every so often...

It didn't take Link long to finish off the rest of the monsters. When he did, he look up at Zelda. And what she saw wasn't a Boy. He looked as though he had an ancient grudge and his eyes showed something beyond his years. He looked like he didn't realize he was covered in blood. He seemed to glare with killer instinct.

He looked terrifying...

*^^^Please don't judge my poor art skills in my failed attempt to draw Link^^^*