Planning the Future.

It had been a difficult few months since the castle had been retaken. Purah had traveled down from her lab with Symin, her assistant. She brought her own Sheikah Slate, the one she had built herself after Link had been put in the Shrine of Resurrection. She was not the only one Zelda had summoned.

The princess sent her Sheikah escorts all across Hyrule. She sent for a representative of each village, each stable and other major settlements. She planned on giving Riju, Teba and Yunobo Champion status to reward them for helping Link.Any were confused as to why she was gathering all these people but the Sheikah were loyal to the royal family, and therefore respected her decision.

Impa and Paya oversaw the Sheikah workforce as they scrambled to take notes on the destruction of Castle Town. They came to the conclusion that it would be impossible to create it exactly the way it was. Zelda had no intention of doing so, instead, she planned to completely remodel it, incorporating ancient Sheikah designs. Zelda worked day and night to plan the architecture and how things would work, leaving her completely exhausted.

Link was put in charge of the new royal guard. Hylians from all over the land had been thrilled when Princess Zelda and her appointed knight had stormed the castle and taken it back from the evil forces. So when the Sheikah warriors were sent out to find representatives for a gathering and volunteers for the new royal guard, everyone was eager to start their training. Link had his work cut out for him. Because the castle and it's grounds were still under rubble, they trained outside in Hyrule Field. Link had always been an excellent teacher. He had trained everyone in the Big Bad Bazz Brigade when he was still a small boy during on of his visits to Zora's Domain with his father. Link was honoured to have this responsibility, knowing his father would have been proud, prouder than ever thought possible.

"Ok, well done, you've all mastered the basics!" Link beamed to the trainies in front of him.

Things were a lot different from a hundred years before. Most of the Hylians in this particular group were much older than him, technically, if you didn't count the century of sleep. And yet, none of them disrespected him because of his age. They respected him because of his skill, his accomplishments. In fact, the group had barely learnt the basic moves Link tried to teach them but he knew that if he told them they were 'masters' their confidence would be significantly increased.

Many cheered in triumph while their teacher smiled warmly at them all, lowering the Mastersword.

"Link!" Zelda came forward on Epona and slipped off witch looked uncomfortable since she had been riding sidesaddle with her blue gown on.

She had been admiring how well he handled the job as the Head of the Royal Guard. It turned out that he was talking it pretty well, better than she was able to handle her own work. She came forward and many of the trainies dropped to their knees respectfully. Link smirked up at her before starting to kneel himself. Zelda chuckled and gave him a playful swat on his arm.

"You should know by now that I hate people bowing to me!" She smiled warmly "Especially you..." She added quietly with a wink as he got up.

Link hid his blush behind a cocky smile, "What can I do for you, Princess?"

He could tell that some of his trainies were staring curiously at their teacher. They understood he was supposed to be given respect, but he didn't have to bow to their ruler? That was just a little strange. That coupled with the fact they seemed very, very familiar with each other. She had hit his arm playfully and he almost sounded as though he was mocking her.

"The others have arrived." She straighted up and put on a blank, mock professional look, "Your presence is required by order of your Princess, Knight." She smiled again before turning around and waited by Epona.

"Whatever you say..." He put the Mastersword back in it's scabbard and turned back to his class.

To his surprise, every eye was on him, more intently than usual. He couldn't hide his chuckle at the bewildered expressions they threw at him. Link coughed authoritatively.

"Ok, we will continue this same time tomorrow! Be sure to practice as much as you can, I have other things I need to attend to." With that, he walked over to Zelda.

Instead of immediately dispersing and breaking out into conversations like they usually did, the trainies kept their gaze on their teacher and the Princess. Link put his hands on Zelda's waist and helped her up into the saddle, making sure she was secure before clambering on behind her. Link put one of his arms round her stomach, pulling her towards him so she could relax, knowing that sidesaddle riding was difficult. He took the reins and lead Epona onto a slow trot.

Finally, the trainies stopped staring once the two were gone. Conversations spring up all over the place.

"Did you see that?" Nack turned on his friends as he hooked his practice sword on his belt.

"What? The fact that those two are really close? Nah, I didn't catch that."another trainie rolled their eyes in sarcasm.

***

"Why did you bring Epona? Isn't sidesaddle extremely uncomfortable?" Link nodded at the guards by the gates, letting themselves in.

"I've been on my feet for absolutely hours and I didn't want to walk all the way to Hyrule field..." She sighed, shifting around to get comfortable.

Link chuckled, "But sidesaddle isn't better?"

"Ok, so I may not have thought it through but yes, I can't stand sidesaddle, as much as it makes me look more regal and elegant." She huffed in defeat.

"So why did you summon all these people?" He decided to change the subject.

"You'll see... Hopefully, of this works, it should bring a new age to Hyrule!" She leant back into his arms, "and mean I'm not always busy..."

"Well then," he started with a small chuckle, "Let's hope it works!"