Sun Set Snog.

Link didn't know what to make of Malon's new attitude towards him. He felt so uncomfortable when he was around her, and not in a good way. Link promised Zelda that he would train her in the art of the sword, anything to get away from Malon.

"Here you go, there's your sword" Link said, handing Zelda a stick he had fashioned into a sparring sword.

Link knew that there was only a few hours of daylight left so he decided to get straight to it.

"First rule of swordsmanship, always think about your opponent. If you believe they are going to swipe at your head, start ducking before they even lift their arms!" Link lifted his own sparring wooden sword.

"Begin!" He shouted and he moved around Zelda in a circle, his sparring stick held out in a defensive position. Zelda suddenly ran at Link, her 'sword' held above her head.

Link chuckled and stepped to the side at the last minute and used his sparring weapon to slap her but, just to make her mad at him.

"Never stay in your enemies sights" Link said matter-of-factly.

***

After an hour of getting her but kicked metaphorically and physically, Zelda slumped down to the ground and pouted at Link.

Link sighed deeply before he thought of the best idea. He knelt down behind her.

"Let me..." He whispered gently into her ear.

He carefully lifted Zelda onto her feet. He stood right behind her and made her lift her sword.

She could feel his hot breath on her neck. She could feel the heat of his body close behind her. She could feel his rough hands on hers as he helped her position her sparring stick. She had to try to contain her heart from beating so fast that it would burst.

Link hoped to the three Goddesses that he wouldn't be caught doing this to the Princess...

The sun was low in the sky as Link helped Zelda through his daily sword routines. Their body's grew warmer and warmer the more they spent like that.

When the sun was nothing but a glimmer of colour spread out on the horizon, Zelda turned around, to face Link. Zelda's face was bright pink.

Link didn't know what he was doing... He didn't even know why...

Zelda and Link closed their eyes slowly and they shuffled closer a little.

Link brushed his lips gently against Zelda's. They were soft and warm.

Against his better judgement, which was not to get himself thrown in the royal dungeon for taking advantage of the Princess, Link let their lips meet.

The last colour of the sun had sunk and had been taken over by blues and silvers. As the colours deepened, so did Link and Zelda's kiss...

The sight sickened her. How could Link do this to her? She was nearly Zelda's equal in all ways! Malon ducked away from view and thought about what she had just seen. Link, was the perfect man for her!

Not to worry, she finally concluded. This could work to her advantage...