Four Swords

The champions ventured through the mountain caves in search of their next artifact. Everyone was on high alert, waiting for the challenge that they know was coming. Zelda and Link went one way, Daruk and Midna went another. Mipha swam in the shallow lake that surrounded the area. Revali took to the sky again and Urbosa searched the woods. Together, they had the place covered.

Zelda and Link were alone again and while they had the time, they walked with their arms around each other. Zelda still felt jealous over Midna and still didn't trust her that much, but she had to admit, she was funny. Zelda knew that Link had lived a dozen or so lives and he would friends in each of them. Zelda could sometimes see images from her past, and she did recognise Midna but she knew that her other self had felt the same way about her.

All of a sudden, they heard an ear splitting shreik. It was definitely their challenge beast.

Link and Zelda ran towards the shreik with their hands over their ears in a feeble attempt to block it out. They met up with the rest of the champions and they continued to run towards the top of the mountain.

Then they saw it, a gigantic snake-like creature, circling the peak of the cliff. Link saw its milky eyes. As the champions got close, the creature used it's tail to whip them up into the air and make them land with a thud down the rocky surface. Link scrambled to his feet and helped Zelda up, checking her for wounds.

"We can't get near that thing!" Mipha cried over the shreik, "It must have seen us!"

"No!" Link shouted, "I don't think it can see us! It's blind! I think it uses this damn cry to detect us somehow!" The champions looked at each other asking the same question, how do we get near it then?

Revali clutched his wing which was sticking out at an odd angle. Link devised a cunning and risky plan.

"Ok! I have a plan! Mipha, you heal Revali's wing and he will fly up in the air and circle around him. Move as fast as you can and confuse him! Daruk, roll around as fast as you can, we need to create as much movement as we can! It can't focus on all of us at once! Mipha, you go to the lake and do what you do! Urbosa, use your lighting to distract it from them! Then thr rest of us will go in for the attack!"

They all nodded in agreement and started their tasks. Zelda, Link and Midna ran towards the great beast. Link saw that his plan was working perfectly, the creature shook its head in confusion at all the distractions around it. Link drew the Mastersword and leapt onto the thing's armour plating. He used this to climb his way up to the head. With next to no difficulty, Link plunged the Mastersword straight into the beast's brain, killing it stone dead. The beast fell and so did Link.

As he fell, he saw the chest containing what must had been the artifact. It had been chained to the creatures tail. Link smiled full heartedly the instant he saw the small chest, but that was short lived as he plummeted towards the ground.

"Gotcha!" Link didn't know wether he should have been relieved or revolted when Revali caught him.

Revali dropped Link on the ground just high enough to make Link stumble on his decent. Of course Revali did this on purpose.

Once he was down, he led the others in the direction of the chest. They all leaned in, both excited and timid at the same time.

"Here goes nothing..." Link whispered before undoing the latch and opening the chest up.

"Aw you have got to be kidding me!" Link exclaimed loudly. The other champions looked at him, waiting for an answer.

"What is it Link? Isn't it just a knife thing?"  Mipha put in as she put a hand on Link's shoulder and pointed to the dinky little sword.

"It's the damn Four Sword!" Link rubbed his forehead and kicked the dirt beneath him, "That thing is not only painful, but it is so annoying!" He explained, his past memories resurfacing.

"What does it do?" Urbosa asked gently.

Link just sighed and walked up to the Four Sword. With yet another sigh, Link grabbed it. Everyone stood in awe at the spectical.

Link started to shack violently before he started to split into two. Then he split into two again, leaving four Links holding identical swords. Link felt every split and it hurt like hell. The only way to tell them all apart was the colour of their tunics. They still had the same pattern but one had the same light blue. One had a purple tunic. The other had a green tunic and the last had a red tunic.

"Goddess! That hurts" all four Links spoke in unison.

"Um... Can you change back, it's hard to concentrate with four of you" Zelda tried to sound innocent but failed miserably and went red in the face. Luckily, Urbosa stepped in for her before anyone noticed.

"Yeah, it's freaky" she laughed her usual hearty laugh.

Link, the Link in the light blue tunic, put the Four Sword down into the chest and all the Links started to come back together, leaving one Link again.

"You should get back to the castle... I think it would be beneficial for you to take a break from all this adventuring" Urbosa broke the silence by talking to Link and Zelda.

"But what about the threat of Ganondalf?" Midna hastened to add.

Urbosa just lifted her hand to tell her to stop. Midna was at a loss, usually people didn't treat her like that, but she knew that times had changed since she last saw the previous Link.

"Zelda and Link can handle themselves, I see no reason why all of us should accompany them. I am the cheif of the Gerudo, you may stay with me" Urbosa offered.

Revali sighed and flew off in the direction of Rito Village. Mipha gave Link a little hug before she dived into the lake and set off in the direction of Zora's Domain. Daruk slapped Link on the back, making Link jump forward, before he curled up into a tight ball and rolled down the mountain and disappearing in the trees. Urbosa started walking down a different path with her arms over Midna's shoulder. They started to talk about the fact the had the same kind of skirts and so on.

Link and Zelda linked arms and started their trek back to the castle with Link hauling the chest under his arm.