A Friendly Chat.

"Master! Master!" His son and most faithful warrior teleported into his mist by a flash of red.

"What it is?" He said looking over at his heir.

"It is the Gerudo! I've heard whispers that their King has arrived!"

"Ganondalf?" He asked calmly.

"No master, it is a Hylian! He is the of the Gerudo blood we have tried to kill for centuries, ever you ordered us to assassinate the next Cheiftain Gerudo!"

Master Kahoha stared to shake. He couldn't believe that his entire force, the entire Yiga Clan couldn't take care one measly woman before it got out of hand. He slammed his fist down on the desk next to him, making his son jump.

"How old?"

"Master?"

"How old is the damned Hylian?"

"He is only a boy, I'd guess seventeen"

Master Kahoha laughed full heartedly, that was fortuitous. Finally, he would be to one to kill off the bloodline once and for all! A boy, Ha!

"Come Kohga, we march to him! We march to the Gerudo!"

***

Link thanked his guard for the warning before he walked over to the balcony. He saw them. The dreaded Yiga Clan were in the distance, marching towards them. Link estimated that they had enough time to alert the warriors and get them prepared for battle.

"Alert every warrior we have, I will meet them in the training grounds soon!" Link looked at the guard and pointed to the stairs. She ran down them headed for the guard Captain.

Link turned to Zelda and saw her look of fear.

"Why are they here? Have they come for me?" She stuttered.

"No. They have come for me... The ThunderHelm showed me my entire family being killed by the Yiga..." Link sighed and looked out again over the desert to the distant assassins.

He didn't notice that Zelda had crossed the room. He only noticed when he felt her wiggle her way into his arms.

"Then let me at least help you" Link couldn't help but smile at the genuine concern in her eyes.

"Of course"

***

Link stared down at the Gerudo force, all waiting for his command in the training ground. He leaned over the balcony and mentally told himself not to mess anything up. After all, he still needed his legacy.

"Now I know what you are all thinking. Yes, I am technically your King. But I still do not see myself that way. I see myself as a friend to you all. I do not believe that anyone should die for me. Rather I hope to die with you, besides you, instead of you. Those that march towards us right now, they are as my enemies as they are yours. Now I ask you not for your loyalty to a King. I ask you for your loyalty to a fellow warrior. Now who will stand with me and defend our home?" He bellowed, and to his amazement, all the Guards cheered and roared with passion. Link joined in by drawing the Mastersword and raising it above his head.

The leader of the Gerudo Guard walked up to Link and began asking him about strategies. Link was a knight, and he knew how to fight with advantage...

***

Master Kahoha could see the great arch that was the entrance to his enemy's nesting ground. He could almost smell the victory he was about to achieve!

To his left, there was nothing but open desert. To his right, there was the remnants of some old temple. He suddenly grew timid. That could be a great place to have an ambush... Maybe even the entire Gerudo force was hidden behind the relics.