Revali's Flap

Revali was the only Rito who had a reputation for showing off, especially to the ones he disliked. Link was included in the list. He used his long wings to soar into the sky and spin around to face the Knight, who was waiting for him. Revali had been given orders to ' report ' to Link everything he had found out about his Divine Beast. In all his life he never thought that he would ever have to answer to a mere Boy! It was outrageous!

The bird dropped down onto the railings if the landing platform in front of Link.

"Impressive, I know. Very few can achieve a mastery of the sky. Yet I have made an art of creating an updraft that allows me to soar. It's considered to be quite the masterpiece of Ariel techniques even among the Rito. With proper utilisation of my superior skills, I see no reason why we can't easily dispense with Ganon. Now then..."

Revali jumped down onto the deck.

"My ability to explore the firmament is certainly of note. But let's not- pardon me for being so blunt-  let's not forget the fact that I am the most skilled archer of all the Rito. Yet dispite these truths, it seems that I have been tapped to merely assist you. All because you happen to have that little darkness sealing sword on your back. I mean... It's just Asinine..."

Revali smerked.

"Unless... You think you can prove me wrong? Maybe we should just settle this one on one? But where? Oh, I know, how bout up there?"

Revali pointed to Divine Beast Vah Medoh which was in the sky, circling the village. Revali continued in a patronising tone.

"Oh, you must pardon me, I forgot you have no way of making it up there on your own"

He spread his wings out wide and leapt off from the platform. Link thought his mocking was done when he heard Revali call down

"Good luck sealing the darkness!" He flew aboard the Divine Beast laughing down at Link.

I hate him, Link thought silently...

***

Zelda was talking to the village elder when Link came back from his 'talk' with Revali.

"Find out anything?"

Link shook his head angrily, still boiling over Revali's words.

"No Princess, the Rito champion didn't take well from orders to report to a man half his age" link spat.

Zelda than realized her error. All this time, Zelda thought that Link wasn't talking to her because she was a failure. She couldn't be more wrong... Link just didn't like being treated as unworthy... She knew the feeling... Her father would tell her to study day in day out so she would be worthy of the Triforce of Wisdom... She knew what it was like to have to gain respect... She looked at Link differently from that point on...