Blades of the Yiga.

Zelda had changed back into her usual traveling gear even though the heat was unbearable. Link had done the same with his champions tunic, they knew that once outside Gerudo Town, they were Princess and Knight, and their previous clothes were not appropriate.

Link and Zelda walked out of Gerudo Town the next day after Link had abdicated his Throne to Urbosa in front of the whole town as well as returning her sheild. As they left, it seemed as though every woman in Gerudo Town wanted to marry Link, they came up to him squealing and falling head over heels just to look at him. It was even worse than before, every girl wanted him but this time Zelda couldn't help but laugh.

They left with at least five girls swooning onto the ground. Zelda waited untill they were out of earshot from the guards before she turned to Link.

"So? You're quite the ladies man, huh? I mean, Mipha? Malon? Now the Gerudo? You've got a range of women to pick from, I even heard that some of the Goron women were interested, now that's something I never thought I would ever hear?" Zelda chuckled and blushed up at Link. Link was in a playful mood so he decided to play along.

"Yeah, I could be the first Hylian to win over a mighty Goron Girlfriend or a Gerudo Girl... Interesting..." He said exaggerating as be lifted his hand to his chin in thought, before laughing. He quickly moved towards the Princess and picked her up and spun her around in his arms, "but you're the only one for me!" Zelda giggled as Link put her back down.

***

They reached the Bazaar by midday and Zelda was exhausted. She had been walking in the desert with her traveling gear on and she missed her Gerudo outfit. It not only made her feel cooler in the sun, it also made her feel like a normal woman instead of a Princess. She also missed Link's Gerudo outfit. At least Urbosa let them keep the outfits, should they wish to come back.

Zelda told Link that she was going to take a walk just past the oasis while he made arrangements for their stay that night in the inn. Link hadn't liked the idea of her wandering off but he had agreed to it anyway.

She looked off into the horizon at the sun which was only an hour or so away from setting. She couldn't stop shouting at herself mentally. She did love Link, but she knew for a fact that they would never be able to show it in public. She would be doomed to act like they were just Princess and Knight and not beat friends or more... She was so consumed in thought that she didn't see the Yiga Scout that had been sent to spy on Link...

He was supposed to be spying on Link, but once he had seen that he hadn't left alone, he stuck around, waiting untill the other was away from him before he got a good look at the woman. Princess Zelda! With that, the Yiga Scout vanished.

***

"Master! Master!" The spy ran through the doors to the new Master's chambers.

Master Kohga turned around from his concentration on the desert map and looked at the Yiga Scout.

"You have news on that tyrant?" He spat.

"Master! He travels with the Princess! Princess Zelda! I believe he is her appointed Knight! The man we have been waiting for!" The Scout said gleefully, hoping this information would give him his Master's favour.

Instead of rejoicing, Master Kohga growled in anger, took his knife and stabbed it into the table next to him in his fury.

"Why do we only have this information now? It will take us absolutely years to recruit new members into our clan! We do not have enough to take out that boy and the Princess!" Again Master Kohga took his knife out of the table and threw it across the room and it embedded itself into the door right next to the Yiga Scout who cowered down.

"But Master, right now, the Princess is alone, if we act fast enough we can take her out of the equation!" The scout tried in an effort to regain his Master's favour.

Master Kohga was in the middle of detaching another knife from his belt when he heard this. He stopped, looked up at the scout and smiled.

"She will be easy. Well done... Captain"  Yes! A promotion!

He left and gathered whoever was available in as little time as possible.

***

She didn't realize how far she had walked away from the bazaar, but she thought she was an utter fool. Now she was running for her life from three Yiga assassins! Link was right!

Her legs hurt like hell but she couldn't stop. Then she tripped. When she scrambled to her feet, two of the three had made their way Infront of her and were advancing on her. She turned but was cut short by the last assassin. This made her slip again to the ground. The third assassin advanced on her and raised his sickle over his head. He brought it down and Zelda closed her eyes, expecting the blow. Instead she heard a sword being drawn and then a body fall to the ground.

She slowly opened her eyes and was shocked to see Link standing over her, his face one of utter fury. He had the Mastersword in his hands and Zelda saw the lifeless body of the Yiga assassin laying next to her. She stared up at Link. He raised the Mastersword higher and the two other Yiga members backed away. Zelda couldn't take her eyes off Link, he looked so manly, so in charge, so dangerous... She loved it...