Chapter 19: Bid

Ignore the mistakes plz :)

Third Person POV

Taehyung was numb due to the coldness when he reached his house. He is never going to call it home. Never. Taehyung wastes no time and runs inside the bathroom and takes a hot shower. His tense muscles loosening as the water runs over him. He tries his best to stay thoughtless, to not think about Jeongguk's words but he was failing. He was failing miserably.

Taehyung wears his pajamas and gets in his bed, hiding himself under the blanket. And he tries his best to fall asleep even if it's just 8.30. He again fails. He can't help but think about what Jeongguk said to him not even two hours ago.

When he thinks about Jeongguk---the mafia boss always comes in his mind as a monster---his tormentor. Jeongguk reminds him of his ex and he caused him worse pain than he experienced two years ago.

But there are some---few moments in which Taehyung has seen Jeongguk completely change. The first time it was when Jeongguk took him for ice-cream. Then a time when Taehyung caught Jeongguk looking at him while he was cleaning---the emotions in Jeongguk's eyes made Taehyung shiver and it wasn't due to fear. Not at all.

Then the moments when Taehyung will look at the soft expression on Jeongguk's face when he sips the coffee he made for Jeongguk. That expression lasts for a fraction of second but Taehyung sees it. Yet still, nothing changes the fact that he has hurt him just because he thought it's fun.

Then the moment which changed everything---when Taehyung heard those words from Jeongguk.

Yes! Yes, I'm in love with Taehyung.

Taehyung feels so hot all of the sudden in the comforter but stays under it. As if he was scared of coming out to light. The light being the dimly lit room.

And Taehyung still didn't want to believe that someone like Jeongguk can ever be able to love. But today, those words---when Jeongguk clearly told him that his love for him is real and it will never change. That he won't allow Taehyung to say anything about his love---his love being Taehyung himself.

And that's when Taehyung's confidence about hating Jeongguk quivers badly. His heart starts beating loudly and he curses himself for that. For being weak. But Taehyung wasn't weak. He will never give in to Jeongguk's words. He will keep hating Jeongguk because Taehyung knows he deserves all his hate.

Jeongguk is a manipulator, he knows how to play with words and Taehyung won't let him get those words in his head.

Taehyung groans because his mind was a mess. He was trying to forget Jeongguk yet the mafia boss was on his mind now and he knew he won't be getting out any time soon. Taehyung wants to forget everything---the last two months.

You haven't forgotten what happened two 'years' ago and you think you can forget what happened a mere two 'months' ago?  Taehyung really curses himself this time.

He was laying wide awake in his bed, not under he comforter just staring at the ceiling when the bell rings. Taehyung jumps at the sound. He frowns because who can come to meet him? Namjoon was at work, Seokjin wasn't in the city---Jeongguk? No.

Taehyung grabs the frying pan first when he reaches downstairs. The bell rings again and Taehyung almost drops the pan. He very slowly unlocks the door and steps back. Everything stills for a moment and Taehyung---stupidly waits for anything to happen and he does drops the pan when it happens.

The door is thrown open;

"SURPRISE". Taehyung almost had a heart attack but calms down. He can't even decipher as he is crushed with a tight hug and the moment later, he is hugging the other back. He was surprised---of course he was but he didn't knew why be started crying.