Chapter 24: Gratitude

Ignore the mistakes plz

Third Person POV

Staying there, Jeongguk called Yugyeom to bring Taehyung's parents as soon as possible. Taehyung was sitting on the couch, his head on his hands as he kept tugging his own hair. He was so angry and frustrated and he definitely didn't wanted to cry. He was waiting patiently for his parents to arrive.

Jeongguk was leaning against the counter, from where he could see Taehyung's back and head bowed down. Jeongguk felt stupid---utterly stupid for thinking he could have Taehyung after everything he had done to him. And he expected Taehyung to see how much he loves him and forgive him but he forgot how much pain Taehyung had been through and now---there was no way Taehyung would ever look at him.

He not only tortured Taehyung but also took away his parents. He made Taehyung think his parents don't love where in reality---they were ready to die for him just like Taehyung was ready to die for them. But Jeongguk never experienced love---in anyway---not even from his parents so how could he understand that beautiful bond?

Taehyung runs towards the door when he hears the door bell. He opens the door to find Yugyeom standing. Yugyeom steps aside and Taehyung sees his mother getting out of the car. She looks as beautiful as ever. When she looks at Taehyung, she halts and smiles. Taehyung just runs towards her, not caring if he wasn't wearing shoes. He hugs his mother and they both break down.

"Taehyungie---sweetheart." Minzy sobs. Taehyung feels a warm hand on his shoulder and looks up to find his father staring lovingly at him. Sungjae envelopes both his wife and son in a warm embrace. Yugyeom looks away from the reunion and Jeongguk comes out, standing by the door, his eyes on the family which he had broken.

"I'm so sorry sweetie. I'm really sorry." Minzy says and Taehyung shakes his head.

"It's not you who should be sorry mom." Taehyung says and turns around, his eyes glistening yet glaring at Jeongguk. Mr and Mrs Kim look at his direction and find Jeongguk standing there.

"Oh Jeongguk! I was waiting for you at lunch but Yugyeom said you were busy." Minzy says softly and Taehyung's eyes are comically wide. He whips his head towards his mother who was smiling at Jeongguk.

"Yes Mrs. Kim, I've been busy." Jeongguk says with a guilty smile.

"But Yugyeom ate a lot today. He couldn't stop." Sungjae says and Yugyeom chuckles.

"Mrs. Kim makes delicious food as always." Yugyeom says.

"Ah---I missed it." Jeongguk wrinkles his nose. 

Taehyung on the other hand was so so confused and surprised. His parents were talking so frankly with Jeongguk and Jeongguk was smiling and little too. It's the first time he saw Jeongguk smile even if it was just a little one.

"Mom?" Taehyung says and Minzy turns to him.

"What as he done to you?" Taehyung asks and Minzy frowns.

"What?" Minzy softly says. But Taehyung was now glaring at Jeongguk. He walks upto the mafia boss and grabs his collar.

"What did you do? What have you told them? How did you manged to change their minds?" Taehyung yells.

"Taehyung! Please let him explain atleast." Taehyung hears his father say but he didn't care.

"You know what? I don't care what you did to make them go all soft for you but as I said before---you are not going to show me your face again and you will stay away from us. You think you can have me by being all nice to my parents? But anything can be expected from you." Taehyung spits and Jeongguk can't even look at him. Minzy and Sungjae were confused but they knew why their son was acting like this.