Chapter 43: Perception

Ignore the mistakes plz :)

Third Person POV

Jeongguk finds himself lost in the beauty of the boy---the broken boy next to him. Taehyung sleeps not so far from him on the bed. It's after almost three nights that he has seen Taehyung sleep soundly. It's not like Taehyung was crying all the time---no. He just stopped talking---sleeping and even eating. It was Seokjin and Jeongguk who made---forced---him to eat.

And Jeongguk would often find Taehyung staring at his parent's pictures and the family pictures. He hated leaving him when he had to take care of his work but he made sure Taehyung wasn't alone. He brought Haechan with him last day and the little boy hyped Taehyung up and finally slept because he was tired.

That is something only Haechan can do and no one else.

Jeongguk feels like everything is back to how it was at the very beginning. Taehyung is hurting and just like he suspected---just what he was scared of---he's the cause of it. Because of Jeongguk---Taehyung is suffering again.

Flashback.

"It's a murder Jeongguk. Mingyu got he whole department in the hospital checked---It's purely intentional." Yugyeom explains and Jeongguk clenches his jaw.

"Why would someone want Mrs. Kim dead? It's not Minhyuk we are talking about because he is dead then who else is left to hurt Taehyung and his family?" Jeongguk utters.

"The cc TV footage is checked aging and again Jeongguk but we haven't found anything suspicious at all. Only one nurse who was appointed for Mrs. Kim had left and entered the room." Yugyeom says.

"I'll see the footage myself---get me the files of it." Jeongguk says and Yugyeom nods. Jeongguk is left alone and his eyes now focus on the letter on his desk. Jeongguk never received any personal letters. Who even writes them now? Jeongguk opens it.

"Dear Jeon Jeongguk,
I really hope you are enjoying your life after putting me in hell.
I just want to tell you one thing, I'll hurt everyone dear to you and I'll see you soon."

Jeongguk had no trouble remembering who wrote this. The person behind this is known to Jeongguk very well.

Flashback end.

Jeongguk pulls Taehyung closer to him who remains unaffected as Jeongguk circles his arm around Taehyung's waist and holds him tight---Taehyung's breath hot and steady on Jeongguk's neck and he exhales deeply, kissing Taehyung's head---the soft scent for Taehyung's shampoo invading him.

You're not safe with me Taehyung. Even when I want to keep you---hidden deep within my heart---I can't protect you.

I'm sorry.

-----------------------------------