Chapter 37: Surrender

Ignore the mistakes plz :)

Third Person POV

"Let's get out of here." Jeongguk whispers but Taehyung doesn't let go of him. He wants to stay a little longer in Jeongguk's arms.

"It's okay Taehyung---don't be scared." Jeongguk's soothing voice makes his heart flutter. Taehyung breaks the hug and holds his gaze, unwavering and strong yet so gentle.

So how can Taehyung be scared? When he's held so securely by the person who is ready to do anything for him. How can he be scared when Jeongguk looks at him with such softness and warmth that he falls into the melting puddle. How can Taehyung be scared now when the person infront him will treasure him like he deserves.

Taehyung is not scared to fall in love anymore---he doesn't care if he gets his heart broken again---which looks utterly impossible because it's Jeongguk we're talking about---he might have broke Taehyung before but he would never ever even think of doing it again.

Taehyung doesn't remember when he handed over his heart to the mafia boss. Was it at the masquerade? Or way before that? Probably not way before but he has decided---for himself. He wants to be selfish too. He wants to be loved. After going through such pain---Taehyung deserves to be loved.

To be loved by someone who looks at you like you are the source of their calmness---who touches you so gently as if you're going to break. Who kisses you like it's the first and the last time. Who treasures your body as if it's a wonder. Who'll kill for you even if it's none of their goddamn business!

Who loves like you're the only person in this world---in their eyes. That's the love Kim Taehyung deserves. And this is how Jeon Jeongguk loves Taehyung.

Everything that Taehyung ever dreamed of for his love to be---Jeongguk already loves him that way and what more Taehyung could ask for. Jeongguk has never loved before but now that he has---his love holds such a power that Kim Taehyung is ready to forget his torture and love him.

Yes, Kim Taehyung is in love with Jeon Jeongguk.

Just like Jeon Jeongguk is in love with Kim Taehyung.

Taehyung thought he'd have a mental break down when he'll finally admit his love. He thought he'd break down and scream but he was wrong. He just confessed to himself and he's just looking at Jeongguk right now. The person who swore to love him no matter what.

"Are you okay?" Jeongguk's voice snaps his out of his thoughts and he immediately nods. He has to stay unaffected. And be definitely needs to keep his feelings hidden for now. Because holy shit---he's didn't just admitted that.

Oh no. Oh no. Oh no.

"Oh no." Taehyung utters without thinking.

"Huh?" Jeongguk, confused, keeps his eyes on him.

"Nothing." Taehyung immediately says and Jeongguk decides to let it go. Jeongguk takes his hand, intertwining their fingers and leads him out of the cellar. Taehyung's eyes were focused on their connected hands as he lets Jeongguk take him where ever he wants.

They enter the lounge area Taehyung hears his name being yelled.

"Taehyungie hyung." Haechan comes running towards him and Taehyung let's go of Jeongguk's hand to hug the little brat.

"I thought I won't see you for months like before." Haechan mumbles and Taehyung pats his head softly.

"You can come and see me anytime you want Haechanie." Taehyung says and Haechan smiles.