Chapter 39: Flames

Ignore the mistakes plz :) and when I say ignore---plzzz ignore. :'(

Third Person POV

"Because I love you."

And everything stills. He can't hear anything. His mind stops working and his eyes only focus on the person standing in front of him with a soft smile and his large beautiful eyes filled with the feeling he just confessed---love.

But the same eyes turn into an unsure expression when Jeongguk's hands disappear from Taehyung's frame and he takes a few steps back. Taehyung's vision gets blurry with tears again and he tries to reach him but stops. He just looks at Jeongguk who looked like he's lost.

"Jeongguk?" Taehyung calls and Jeongguk's breathing turns erratic. Hearing his name from Taehyung in such a small and unsure way. He wants to say something---something but he wants to make sure first---that he's not dreaming.

"Taehyung." Jeongguk says---about to break down. "Please."

"Yes Jeongguk?" Taehyung walks upto him and Jeongguk grabs his hands. He desperately tries but fails---falling to his knees and Taehyung does the same.

"Please tell me it's real. You're here and you said that." The desperate tone of Jeongguk's voice hurts Taehyung for to hear and he never wants to see Jeongguk like this---so weak and broken.

"Oh you idiot." Taehyung chuckles through his tears. "It's all real. I'm here and yes---I---".

"Please say it again. Please Taehyung." Jeongguk pleads.

"I love you Jeongguk. I say this to you with all my honesty---I confess that I love you and it's real. I'm here---you are here." Taehyung says a tear falls from Jeongguk's eye and Taehyung is quick to wipe it away.

"You're not dreaming idiot." Taehyung chuckles again. My idiot. Oh how good it feels to be in love and Taehyung is sure that it's his first love.

Jeongguk wanted to scream and he wanted to cry. Once again he never thought he'd be on his knees and crying for love. He's the mafia boss for crying out loud! A ruthless monster yet hear he is---desperate and weak infront of a feeling which he thought he'd never feel---here he was---completely under control of his love.

"You love me?" Jeongguk asks and Taehyung finds his expression so adorable and he giggles.

"I do." Taehyung bites his lips trying not to break into fits of laughter because he was just so happy. It definitely felt good to him after confessing. He thought it was going to be difficult but it wasn't even a little bit difficult.

Jeongguk then smiles---wholeheartedly as the realisation finally dawns upon him that Kim Taehyung loves him and he said it two times already in his deep and melodic voice and having his hands in his own does---feeling his body---his presence against him---he's sure that he's not dreaming.

Taehyung cups Jeongguk's face leaning closer but Jeongguk is quick to pull him closer first and Taehyung ends up straddling him as Jeongguk straightens his legs. Taehyung giggles and Jeongguk finally hugs him, nuzzling Taehyung's neck as Taehyung rubs his back softly.

They don't care where they are---It's just that having eachother closer---being in eachother's arms---in love is what both of them care for. Taehyung sighs happily as Jeongguk holds him tighter and he doesn't want to let go.

And Jeongguk can't remember doing anything to deserve an angel like Kim Taehyung. He is a bad person---he doesn't care about anyone. He has killed so many people---guilty and innocent---and he used to be the person who only thinks about himself and what he wants and those two months---they changed everything.