Chapter 34: Tear

Ignore the mistakes plz :)

Third Person POV

Taehyung has never heard gunshots, just once though, a few days ago. He of course saw movies and stuff on TV with those scary noise of the bullets resonating everywhere. People dying---lots of blood. Taehyung was always scared of them and he never wanted to hear them or see the limp bodies in real life.

But somethings are always unexpected. Sometimes---or in Taehyung's case, most of the times---things that he dreads the most or never ever expected to happen---happen.

So right now, Taehyung doesn't know what to do---or what to feel. His body is frozen, even when whatever is happening, it's happening behind him. He is just staring at the car that is parked a bit far from him in the lot. He can feel the light and fresh breeze against his exposed skin. He can also feel the rays of sun hitting him yet all in all, he feels cold. Frozen.

There are few people, more like six to seven, collected behind him. Taehyung doesn't know what they are doing until one of them shakes him violently. After experiencing the deaf silence for few moments, the girl who is shaking him can be heard. Everything can be heard. Everything including only the girl asking him if he's okay and the light chatter around him.

"Are you okay?" He hears the girl say, who looks a few years older than him. Taehyung blinks his eyes at him, swallowing the lump in his throat.

"Who?" Taehyung whispers faintly.

"Them." The girl points behind him and Taehyung really doesn't want to look around.

"Where are my parents?" Taehyung asks the girl, not daring to turn his head.

"Oh! They---they are your parents---I'm really sorry." The girl looks as if she's about to cry.

"Sorry? Why are you sorry?" Taehyung asks. Maybe the girl understands the situation. She looks at Taehyung sadly as the sound of ambulance is heard from the distance. The girl gently turns him around and Taehyung can see an elderly man and another girl sitting on the ground, clutching onto two bodies that were bleeding.

Two bodies. A man and a woman.

Taehyung's parents.

The shopping bags finally fall from Taehyung's hands. The ambulance is now here, stretchers are being pulled out and Taehyung stands there, thoughtless, feeling less and just---not believing.

What a weird dream I'm having right now. I wonder when I'll wake up.

"You should go with them." The girls says and Taehyung can't seem to move. The girl grabs him by his arm and takes him to her own car, following the ambulance. If he'd been in his senses right now, he'd thank the girl for doing this but he thinks he might go insane.

---if I won't wake up---I'd go insane.

Taehyung's eyebrows were furrowed and he could do nothing but stare into void as he sits in the hallway of the hospital, outside the operation theatre.

Taehyung feels a warm hand on his shoulder. He doesn't look up. It's like he is lost---somewhere---where there is no escape, no thoughts, no feelings and no emotions. He can sense his surroundings but can't seem to respond to them.

"Taehyung." Taehyung remembers the voice. It belongs to Yugyeom. Taehyung doesn't know how and why Yugyeom is here. Taehyung doesn't even know why he himself is here. He wants to wake. He knows he's having a bad dream so he's sure he'll wake up sooner or later.