Chapter 30: Deliberate

Ignore the mistakes plz :)

Third Person POV

Jeongguk never wanted to sleep. For four years, whenever he would sleep---even for two to three hours, he'll have the nightmares. That started his obsession with strong coffee at night---just so he won't fall asleep. But his body needs rest. It would be rare that he'd sleep for five hours without having the horrifying dreams.

Jeongguk's nightmares were his experiences from the past. From his parents to himself---what he was in the past and how his father had degraded him. The images of that night when he killed his father and saw her mother suicide. Jeongguk was a strong man---people were scared of him---he wasn't scared of anyone---just those nightmares that would leave him shivering.

So Jeongguk's nightmares were what he's already gone through---though the exception being twice which included Taehyung. Jeongguk believed Taehyung when he told him that nightmares are just bad memories and nothing more.

But sitting in his private jet---flying back to Korea---he can't help but believe that they are true. He has called Seokjin million of times to tell him what happened to Taehyung but Seokjin won't tell him.

Jeongguk doesn't know what to feel. What to think and who to talk to. Yoongi was quiet next to him, didn't call Seokjin or asked him anything. Jeongguk didn't want to think about any possibility of what could've happened to the boy he loves because if he started thinking---he'd go way too far and it'll make him crazy.

It's what he was dreading. Jeongguk made a mistake. A mistake to tell Yugyeom to leave Taehyung alone for the night. Everytime he tries to do something good for Taehyung---something to make him come to him---something bad always happens.

So Jeongguk just looks outside he window---the changing scenery was no longer a nice feeling for him. From inside---a storm was brewing---ready to be unleashed.

Yugyeom was there to pick them up. Jeongguk didn't asked his driver what happened to Taehyung. He knew Seokjin might have told him to not tell him. Yugyeom had his usual expressionless face and Jeongguk---dread was now finally consuming him.

Every possibility of Taehyung's situation coming to his mind one after another and Jeongguk just hopes that none of it is true. With his heart threatening to beat out of his chest, Jeongguk enters Taehyung's house.

He sees Taehyung's parents on the couch, Minzy resting her head on her husband's shoulder. She looks distraught. It's been 11 hours since he got Seokjin's call, got ready to leave right away. Namjoon was there as well, leaning against the wall. Jimin too. It's like they were waiting for him. They were.

"Jeongguk." He hears Namjoon says.

"Where's Taehyung?" Jeongguk asks. Jeongguk, without thinking, walks towards the stairs when Namjoon stops him, stepping infront of him.

"Get out of my way." Jeongguk gritts his teeth. If anyone stopped him from seeing Taehyung---he'll raise hell.

"Just listen to me---if---if he acts upon seeing you---if he cries of yells, just get out of the room okay. He's not in a good state. Seokjin took him to get him showered but he's just---he starts screaming time after time." Namjoon says and Jeongguk feels like he's being stabbed.

"What happened.?" Jeongguk didn't wanted to ask but now he does ask. He needs to know what happened that made Taehyung act like this. Jeongguk just hopes it's not what he thinks it is. He can hear Minzy's soft cries.

Namjoon sighs, closing his eyes for a second and looks at Jeongguk. He says only one word which is enough for Jeongguk's whole world to come crashing down. His heart to completely shatter, his nightmare coming true.