Chapter 40: Acrylic

Ignore the mistakes plz :)

Third Person POV

"I loved photography when I was in high school. I loved photography from as long as I can remember." Jeongguk says, rubbing circles on Taehyung's back with his thumb as Taehyung was resting his head on Jeongguk's chest, tracing the tattoo. Taehyung smiles at the thought of Jeongguk with his camera and capturing the beauty.

"I wasn't like this. Almost four years ago---I was an outgoing person---". Taehyung chuckles at that.

"Yeah---unbelievable. I know." Jeongguk says and Taehyung bites his lips.

"Not even months later when I was in my final year---I found out that I have a brother---a half brother and that my father had a woman way before he married mum." Jeongguk utters. Taehyung didn't ask Jeongguk to tell him about his past but he was glad that Jeongguk decided to open up.

"It was a secret relationship before father's marriage and even after the marriage---he didn't stop seeing his mistress. And I found it out when I was fifteen." Jeongguk sighs and Taehyung snuggles more into him.

"We found it because Yoongi hyung came to live with us because his mother---my father's mistress died, killed actually  That's when I started hating my father. And my mother wasn't like yours---she's wasn't a loving or caring mother." Jeongguk stops for a while and Taehyung finds himself wanting to know more.

"And my father decided to show his true colours. He was no longer my father---he was the true mafia boss. The ruthless one---just like me." Jeongguk says and Taehyung shakes his head a little.

"My parents started fighting frequently. Whenever she would see Yoongi hyung, she would lose her mind. My father made me leave my passion---photography because I was to take over his mafia empire. I told him my time is too far because he was perfectly ruling but he just didn't wanted me to do anything at all and be his puppet." Taehyung's eyes tear up as he remembers his father who was no longer with him.

"Yoongi hyung was actually really kind to me. He looked after me like older brother from the moment we first met but my mother hated him with passion. She even tried to kill him once but he was trained enough to save himself."

"We got attacked once but they were just my father's men who were trying to kill me and Yoongi hyung." Taehyung frowns at that.

"But didn't your father wanted you to be the next heir? Why would he want to kill you then?" Taehyung asks and Jeongguk was expecting this.

"No one is dumb enough to give away such a big empire to even his son. He was ruling the dark world and he wanted every obstacle out of his way." Jeongguk let's out a humourless chuckle. Taehyung shift around and lays on his stomach now looking at Jeongguk.

"How did you escape my dear mafia boss?" Taehyung tries to lighten up the mood despite what they were talking about.

"We found out yet we still fought and my father was so shocked when he saw us back in the mansion. He thought we were dead already." Jeongguk takes a deep breath, looking away from Taehyung. 

"Then?" Taehyung asks when Jeongguk stays quiet.

"I killed him. I killed my own father." Jeongguk says, hesitant eyes looking at Taehyung who was a little surprised.

"I had to Taehyung. I know he was my parent and all but don't you think---".

"Hey." Taehyung softly says and cups Jeongguk's face. "You don't have to explain okay and besides---you know better what you felt at the moment and what he did to you." Taehyung smiles and Jeongguk still can't believe if this beautiful boy in front him loves him. It feels like a dream. A beautiful one but Taehyung has already proved it to be a reality.