Chapter 20: Solace

Ignore the mistakes plz :)

Third Person POV

Jeongguk was never interested in these auctions. It was always Yoongi who would buy the prostitutes just for the sake of the club. Jeongguk was just told about details and he knew Yoongi knows his work. Though you can say it was a miracle that Jeongguk was present at the auction today.

The moment he had stepped out of the car, he felt his presence. Somewhere far but it was there. Jeongguk chose to ignore it because he never believed in his instincts. He thought he can feel Taehyung's presence just because he misses him. Nothing more. But he was wrong.

Jeongguk decided to sit on the last table and whoever would see him, didn't even dare to look again. Jeongguk saw Jimin too but the other didn't knew Jeongguk was here. And Jeongguk just had a tiny little feeling that something is wrong.

That feeling turned into reality when the curtains opened. Jeongguk felt like he can't breath for a moment. Taehyung was there---his Taehyung---tied by a chain. Everyone's eyes were on him and Jeongguk wanted to rip them out. The tears in Taehyung's eyes were making Jeongguk's heart ache and it was hurting.

Jeongguk never thought he would see Taehyung like this---after a month of suffering because how much he missed him. This was what Jeongguk wanted to happen to Taehyung when he met him months ago. Now---Jeongguk wanted to torture the person who did this to Taehyung.

Yoongi made sure Jeongguk won't do anything furious until the last bid---so they can have Taehyung by offering their bid. Jeongguk's eyes were only focused on Taehyung. He couldn't imagine what would've happened if he wasn't here tonight. The thought of Taehyung being sold to someone---as a---Jeongguk doesn't even want to say it. Guess it's true.

What goes around---comes around. Jeongguk now believes that whatever a person does---good or bad---in his case; bad---has its consequences. It does make you suffer and damn that hurts. It hurts seeing Taehyung being put up for a fucking auction and being bid on.

It was Yoongi who growled in anger when Jimin presents his bid. Jeongguk will deal with him later but right now---he needs to get Taehyung out of here. So he had to bid too. There was no other way at the moment. When Jeongguk walked towards Taehyung, he wanted to hold him right there. To make sure no one---no one present in the hall will see him anymore. He wants to---for once---be his saviour and not a tormentor.

Yugyeom took Taehyung to the car and Jeongguk doesn't know where Yoongi and Jimin went. He just wanted to talk to the owner of the set auction---that's all. And no---he won't be giving even a single cent to anyone.

Yugyeom raises his eyebrow when Jeongguk comes out of the hotel. Yugyeom makes a funny face at Jeongguk's bruised knuckles as Jeongguk tosses him the gun and Yugyeom gives him the car keys.

"He wanted to sit at the back seat." Yugyeom says and Jeongguk nods. He walks around the car and gets in the driver seat. From the mirror, he can see Taehyung curled to himself, hugging his knees and facing the window. The only thing Jeongguk can hear is the faint rush of cars passing and Taehyung's sobs.

Taehyung doesn't care where Jeongguk is taking him---all he knows that he will be safe with him. For the first time, Taehyung believes and accepts wholeheartedly---for now---that he'll be safe with Jeongguk.

Jeongguk kept glancing at Taehyung from time to time. He wasn't taking him to the mansion. He was taking him to his penthouse. Jeongguk wanted to keep him away for the rest of the world even it's for just a night.

It was an hour's drive. Jeongguk enters the building area. His penthouse was on the top floor and whenever Jeongguk wanted to stay away from his mafia world for a while---he'd stay here. Jeongguk gets out of the car and throws the keys to his bodyguard---Chris. Jeongguk opens the door for Taehyung who was staring God knows where. Jeongguk doesn't dare to look at him now that he can see his face if he does. He just can't.