A mother's love knows no end...

Mevkibe was a good mother. No one would deny it. She relied on her heart's voice more than all other virtues. And her instincts had rarely been wrong. That's why she understood she could trust Can the moment she had met him, many moons ago...

Their first encounter was that of a phone call. She called Sanem when she was worried because she was late coming home. Instead of Sanem, she heard a man's voice. Can had picked up and explained who he was, and that they were on their way back from Agva. He apologized from the bottom of his heart for keeping Sanem away for so long due to work, and assured Mevkibe that they would be home soon.

The minute Mevkibe met him in person, she knew she could trust Can. He cared about Sanem, that she could see. And for some strange reason, she realized he always made sure that she understood how much he cared about Sanem.

The respect he always showed toward her and Nihat only strenghtened her belief in that Can was a good man. The more she knew him, the more he became a part of their family. Always respectful, always eager to help. And more than she could admit it out loud, she felt so proud that he praised her food. Whether it be the food she prepared for him at home when he came to visit, or whenever she brought food by the agency or Can's home, he made sure to tell her how much he valued her art of the stove.

She saw a new side of Can when he helped get her safely to the hospital after she choked on the ring Nihat gave her. She saw that he cared. Not as a boss, but as a member of their family. And not only about Sanem, but about her as well. He stayed in the hospital, and made it clear to the staff that she and her well being were of utmost importance to him...

Somewhere along the way Mevkibe realized he became a son to her, a son she never had. That motherly instinct made her realize he needed it too. He had no mother to look after him. Out of her heart, she called him her son, and once she did so, she could have sworn she saw his heart open up, all through his eyes. And from that moment on, she would not refer to him by any other word than her son.

When she met Can's mother, she realized how much Can had been through. How much it mattered to him that Mevkibe not only called him her son, but that she treated him as such. If she could have only held him and tell him that a mother's love really did exist, she was sure he would have accepted it with his whole heart.

When Mevkibe realized that Sanem and Can fell deply in love, she put her own marriage on the line. She loved Nihat, but she also realized how much Sanem and Can needed her too. When she spoke with Can in his office, she realized how much he cared as well. He accepted her advice about needing a companion, and she saw he understood it. That told her more than any words ever spoken. His heart was with Sanem, and that's where it would stay.

The day they were told about the tragic turn of events, that Can attacked Yigit, she had cried all night. Not only for Sanem, but for Can just as much. He hurt Sanem, but she also knew he was hurting as well. A mother's heart never stopped loving Can, and she kept wishing with hope. She hoped he was alright, though she knew he was not. He fled, and that made it clear to her just how much he was hurting. He was not a bad man, no, he could never be...

The year that went by was a time of doubled despair. Each day she held her daughter in her arms, and Can in her heart. Each day she wished for Sanem to recover, and for Can to be safe. She above all realized how much his leaving affected everyone. As a mother, she saw all of it from afar, and saw it with great detail. Each person Can dealth with on daily basis missed him, and she knew he never realized how much he meant to those around him. He was the glue that held all together. The agency without him seized to exist, not because Emre could not succeed, but simply because when Can left the agency, lost its soul and its purpose. And that made her hope for his well being with all her heart each night.

When Can had returned, she was in tears. Not only for Sanem's sake, but for his sake just as well. He made it home safe, was all she could think. Yes, she was hurting for her daughter's pain. That she would not forget, but she would soon forgive. The motherly love for Can softened her heart. She would be cool and reserved toward him, but her heart sang deep inside her for he was home now. A long awaited sigh of relief filled her from within. And with the luck of  the stars, and their ancestors' blessings, she wished above all that some day in the future their family would become whole once again...