She really was family...

When it came to support, Sanem knew there was nothing like family. But when it came to Can Divit and her matters if heart, she knew that no one else would understand her like Mihriban. She knew her, she understood her. She also understood Divit men like no other. And somehow Sanem felt in her heart that only Mihriban could understand the battle of emotions she held within for the man that forever took over her heart.

Sanem saw Mihriban as more than a neighbor. She was more than a friend. She really was family. She always felt they were familiar souls, and the fact that Mihriban shared so close of a bond with Aziz Divit brought them together even closer. They both loved Divit men. And they were treated equally unfair by Hüma. To Sanem, Mihriban was all that she was looking for in a friend. She missed Ayhan, and her raw and honest support. And she knew that Mihriban had her best interest at heart.

Sanem also knew that while looking for the best answer, Mihriban also looked out for Can too. She loved Aziz, and Can in her own way too. She knew the way Hüma treated people, and that she sprated none of that vile selfishness on Can as well. She could feel the loneliess Can held deep inside. He understood that Can longed for love just as Aziz did back then and now. And she felt for Sanem and Can both.

When Sanem asked Mihriban for advice, Sanem saw how touched she was about that. Mihriban was grateful that she mattered to Sanem. That she was so close to Sanem's heart that she truly considered her advice. So she offered her best advice, one that came straight from her heart. She saw that Can sold the boat, but not because he gave up freedom. He gave up freedom because he wanted to prove to Sanem that she mattered more to him. His sacriface was not selfless. And that meant it was not entirely pure. She told Sanem that her albatross chose the unspoken walls of a cage because his love for her filled his heart to the brim. But that kind of love always came with a price. She told Sanem to find a way to set her beloved free. To look for a way to break down that unspoken cage and if he truly loved her, he would come back to her with his love on the shoulder. Out of his own free will...

Sanem's heart felt so heavy with love. She loved him deeply, more than her own life. But she realized that they both made mistakes in the past. They both tried to change one another, and they both failed in the end. She thought long and thought hard. And in the end she came up with a plan. She would return to him what trapped him, in her mind. And she would make sure that the boat she feared so very much, would become their symbol of freedom, and their symbol of love..