Smitten away...

One way of dealing with one's feelings was dealing with them head-on. That was how Can preferred to deal with them. No half-ways, no what-nots. To Can, whatever he encountered or felt was meant to be delt with without delay. That is how he preferred it. That is how he lived his life. And dealing with matters of the heart was no different.

Can lost his memory. From what became apparent, he lost memory of his love to Sanem. Sanem Aydin. A woman both intriguing and hard to forget. She had a way about her that made Can loose any sense of control. How could he control himself around her, if she changed her whims from one minite to the next. This would usually bother him and lead him to loose interest because he valued straightforwardness. And aloofness and childish demeanor irritated him.

But not with Sanem. She affected his senses in a way he was unable to describe. And he was unable to stop it. He had always been guarded. To his dismay, Sanem had complete disregard for any limits or boundaries of the world around her. She simply acted. She was simply herself. Aloof yet so sincere in all that she did that Can was beginning to find her irresistible. He was not only taken with her. He was smitten with her. She was such a breath of fresh air that he was beginning to run out of room in his lungs. She was beginning to fill more and more of aspects of his life. And he was beginning to let her.

The day she finally found a suitable man to play the role of the infamous Arturo Capello, Sanem could not contain her excitement. She rushed to Can's side to share the good news. To her dismay, he did not match her enthusiasm. Moreover, his first course of action was to call Ayça's office to schedule a meeting. And he let their conversation end without acknowledging Sanem's accomplishment. Or so she thought.

She had so often dreamt of waking up to the sight of his beautiful deep brown eyes. She had tossed and turned so many nights when he was gone at sea and the only thought that calmed her down was her soul's dreamy wish that maybe, just maybe when she awoke she would find his eyes looking into hers. That was the one dream she kept close to her heart. Always within it, always near it. So when she awoke that evening to find Can's eyes looking into hers, her heart almost jumped out of her chest. The hand that held her hand felt as if it were the most delicate and comforting blanket that ever encompassed her heart. It was his hand. HIS hand. Can saw what his hand made her feel. And he felt so much accepted by her.

When he half twirled her just to sit by her side, she all but jumped into his arms. He felt so at peace. He felt so at home. And it all felt so right. So he thanked her for all she had done, for all she had been to him in the last weeks since the accident. Above all he thanked her for not giving up on him and their love.

He knew he made a good decision because almost as if in response to his words she had gestured with her hand in a way he had used himself. She asked for more praise, more of his kind words, and she copied his hand's motion of his trademark move. And that touched his heart. So she really did know him. She knew him deep inside. She paid attention to his actions and his feelings. And that was begining to make more of a difference than he was willing to admit out loud...