An honest smile of hope...

Ceycey was a man who valued friendship as one of the most important virtues. It brought him solace. It brought him peace. And above all, it gave him pride and made him feel like he belonged.

One of the friendships Ceycey kept close to his heart was his friendship with Can. They were different, no doubt about it. But the fact that they were so different actually brought them closer. They had come to rely on each other, and when Can needed someone to talk to, he spoke with Ceycey. Can had learned to open up his guarded heart to Ceycey. He was aware of Ceycey and his involvement in his meeting Sanem. And Can was aware of how closely Ceycey guarded Sanem and her heart when he was away...

But now all seemed lost. It was quite a shock to all that Can lost his memory. But Ceycey was affected by that in a very personal way. Can lost the memory of the past two years. Which meant he lost the memory of them growing closer as friends. And this crushed him. It crushed him more than he could explain. The pain of the uncertainty of possibly loosing a friend's life after the accident turned into the pain of certain reminder that Can's memory was gone...

Sanem brought Can back to the manor. All had been anxious to see him come back. They were aware that Can lost the memory of the last two years. But they were not prepared for how they would feel when he saw them and did not know who they were. It was as if Can had left for the second time in their life. He was there, but the heart he opened to them was not. The bonds of friendships they formed with Can were no longer there...

And Ceycey understood the loss of that bond. He was  back to being Can's employee, no longer his friend. The man he missed so much over the past year was no longer himself. Ceycey also noticed how grim and sad Can had become. His sense of humor, his sharp wit, and his cleverness with a note of sarcasm were gone as well. This meant only one thing to Ceycey. Can no longer felt  comfortable with them. He felt lonely again. Ceycey knew all too well how lonely that feeling could feel.

And then something happened. Something neither Can or Ceycey expected. Can offered his first smile after the accident, and he offered it to Ceycey. This smile was honest, it came out of Can's heart. An honest smile of hope. He had remembered Ceycey's exasperated antics. Though this memory was over two years old, this simple gesture uplifted them both. It made Can feel better to remember this pleasant thought. So much so that it made him smile. But he had no idea how it made Ceycey feel. Not only did Can made Ceycey realize he had memories of him. Not only Can did not shrug when Ceycey hugged him. But this memory had made Can smile. This made him feel better. It brought some light to his saddened heart. And the fact that Can offered his first genuine smile after the accident to Ceycey made Ceycey feel so proud and so important.

That moment made all believe there was hope for the future. Sanem understood the joy Ceycey felt in his heart. So she came up with a plan to bring Can's memory back. They would all come together and reopen the agency. And they would all make it work. They would make sure they did all in their power to bring the old Can back.