Back in her safe place...

Sanem ached for Can's love. She realized long ago that she would forever live with her love for him in her heart. From the very first moment he told her he fell in love with her at his secret safe harbor place on the terrace of his family's old home, she only heard those words in her heart. It mattered not that they fought through break-ups and make-ups. They won each time because they loved each other. And this her heart felt ever since then...

But now she felt painfully powerless against the loss of his memory. Loss not only of his memory of her, but loss of his love for her in his heart. And that proved too much for her to fight against. She tried, gave it her best. But hearing him say to Aziz that he no longer felt love for her defeated her. No fight they had before ever defeated her. But those few words did. Because he meant them. And she was not able to move past them. So she decided to leave for a while. To leave him and their beloved Istanbul behind for a while. She knew she would return, and she knew his love would never leave her heart. She knew exactly how Aziz felt and how Mihriban felt. Their love never ended, but it was not strong enough to make them stay by each other's side. And she knew she would never love another, for all of her love began and ended with Can.

She took the steps around the train station. Each step hurt, but she knew she needed to take them. She made her way up to the upper level to where the train would take her away from him. And then she heard him. He called out her name. She heard the pain of anguish in his voice and turned around, surprised not only to see him, but surprised also by the emotions he put in calling out her name...

He begged her not to go. Repeated his words. He may not have remembered, but those were the words that Sanem yearned for in so many times all throughout their relationship. So many times it was all about staying or leaving. A memory flashed by in her mind of the very first time she said that to Can. Those faithful words that came right from her heart... She had assisted Can that day when Can was shooting a photo shoot of Arzu at his house. At the end of the shoot she realized that she did not want to leave yet. Not with Arzu hanging on to him. She gathered her courage and asked a few simple words. She told Can if he wanted her to stay, she would stay. If he wanted her to go, she would. That same question flashed by in her memory to the day at the camp when they sat with Fabri. They pretended to be engaged. Can took her by her hand and led her away from the table. He told her he couldn't care less about Fabri. But he cared about her. Then he corrected himself because he realized he was revealing too much of himself to her, and he did not know how she made him do that. And she asked him with those same simple words. If he wanted her to stay, she would stay and stay by his side . If he wanted her to go, she would oblige with his wishes and would do just that. For she was beginning to understand just how much he mattered to her, even if he was so far out of her reach...

The moment Can took Sanem's hand in his own, in an effort to hold on to her if only for one more moment, she realized he brought the Albatross clip. A pang of hope shot through her heart. Did he remember? Could she be so lucky? His words revealed he did not remember, but she could not believe what she heard. Her heart soared higher than the sky. He not only repeated his plea for her not to leave, he begged her to make new memories with him because he could not live without her. He revealed to her that he fell in love with her for the second time in his life. He asked her if she had anything to say. And she could only offer him her silence...

Looking at him and seeing what he felt when she told him she had no words to reply to his question meant more to her than any words he may have offered to her. She had no words, because he was all words. Whether he remembered that or not, did not matter. And she knew, and her heart knew, that she would call upon such a man with the only words she ever felt for him.. she would call him HER MAN. HER MAN. For that was who he was to her. Who he awlays would be.

What mattered was that his heart remembered her. That it felt her. That his soul heard her soul's melody again. That her eyes were back in his. That he was looking at her and saw her. That he saw her love for him and felt his love for her. That finally she was back in her safe place in his arms. And that is all that mattered for all the days to come...