Never judge a book...

Deren always considered herself an upright person, a righteous character with outstanding values. She followed rules. Rules were made for a reason. And laws were made to never be broken. She lived her whole life with the understanding that if she wanted to be successful, she had to follow those rules and laws. And she felt complete discust for those who took advantage of others and claimed others' success as their own...

It took Deren a long time to warm up to Sanem. She could not figure out what it was about Sanem that made Emre and Can take so much liking to her. She was a new employee. From the lowest department. Yet each day Sanem showed up at the agency she brought so much light and joy with herself that she made an impact on everyone. And it seemend like any rules set forth in the agency did not apply to Sanem. She came, and she conquered. And most of all she did so with a pure heart and best of intentions. And it was Sanem who stood by her side when Deren made the mistake of showing campaign designs to Aylin. She felt defeated and ashamed, but Sanem would not hear any of it. She believed in her, and that meant more to her than any praise she heard before. And from that moment on Deren saw Sanem in a new light. Not as a rival, not as a contender. But as a friend. She had no idea then how much Sanem would come to mean to her in the future...

She contemplated it all from inside a Police station cell. From behind the bars. And she could not fathom the fact that she, Deren Keskin, was inside a jail cell. What's worse, none other than Bulut himself walked away from her and his friends when they needed him most when they were being forced into the Police cars. What little she knew of him, until then she thought that his friends mattered to him. He seemed to care about Sanem and her creams. He seemed like a good friend to Deniz, Muzo, and Ceycey. And he seemend to have a good working relationship with Mihriban. She could not understand why he just turned around and left them behind. Or so she thought...

The footsteps they heard approaching their cells did not signal any chance of freedom. Another police officer coming to check up on them. Reluctantly, she turned her head toward the door. And froze. What she saw made her heart stop and her jaw drop. Here was Bulut, but not himself. Not how she knew him at least. Not how she saw him. A dark suit. Designer shoes. A sleek tie and a lawyer's suitcase. He stood before them with a clean shave and hair styled to resemble that of a legal representstive. She realized now that one should never judge a book by its cover, for every book contained secrets unknown to those who did not choose to open that book. She did not know whether to laugh or admire his transformation. He let others out but chose to leave her inside the cell. She knew exactly what he was after. As much as she found it annoying, she felt what she could only describe as an inkling of affection toward him. And his all too confident smirk proved her right. She never went after men who played it safe and were an open book. And Bulut was unlike any others she ever met. It would take a long time before she would be able to fully admit how much he was beginning to matter to her, but she realized what she felt at that very moment.

He let her out, but if he thought she would be thankful to him he would be in absolute denial. She was furious. Not for his friends for walking away from them. Not for herself for making her spend more time in the cell than she was forced to. But for Sanem, because she knew how much heart Sanem put into her creams and perfumes. Deniz revealed to her that he was a lawyer. Much worse, lawyer of business law for that matter. As such she could not for the life of her comprehend how he could have let her sell creams without first ensuring they were protected.

The anger and disappointment that she felt spilled out of her in words she could not control. She was always passionate about things that mattered. Her friends knew it and employees at the agency grew to understand it as a compass and guiding light for the projects they were working on. And the fact that he chose to listen to her and take in all that she had to say rather than fight back somehow calmed her down.  How could she fight with someone that agreed with her. How could she fight with someone who realized how dissapointing it felt not to have prevented it all. She saw the pain of that in his eyes. And the fact that she saw it so clearly went straight to her heart. And what started to feel as an inkling of affection for him drummed in her again, this time louder than ever before...