When the space between no longer exists...

He was hurt. The tought man he was, Can showed no pain when Sanem pointed out that his arm had been burned. But Sanem knew better. Because she knew the real Can, she understood he would not admit it. So he just stood there, with his arm in her hands, and she could almost hear his heart speak right through his eyes that due to her touch his wound already healed. But that was his heart talking, yet the body was in pain. And Sanem swore to herself she would heal his heart too...

He saved her bandana. She smiled, and reminded herself that it was his bandana as well. Had he not wore it on many occassions? And when he found it between the rocks on the embankment, he chose to keep it at any and all costs. Her photographic memory brought forth the moment when Can made her take the bandana from him. Standing on her tiptoes in the agency's archive room, he took every advantage to get close to her face. It was no easy task for Sanem to get that scarf back, for how do you keep a straight face and thought process when the eyes of Can stare deep into your soul? And she did just that, with her head spinning from the sight of his beautiful eyes, and got the scarf back, only to loose it just a few hours later when Can showed up at her home to try her mom's food?

Preoccupied by her memories, Sanem suddenly noticed Can stood by the door. Though he was reluctant at first, he let her tend to his wounded arm. And yet again she took his arm in her soft and shy hands. The gentle touch sent him afloat. Though their conversation began with them standing few feet apart, the link in their hearts tightened its grip with each passing word. So very enchanted by each other's presence and soft spoken words, they had not noticed their distance had vanished.

The space between them no longer existed. And to both of their joy, Sanem did not step back. She paused for a moment, and took it all in. The fact was that she could speak so freely again with him close to her. The same smile, the same look in his eyes. It was all so familiar, and so much fulfilling. She was surprised she could make the small talk, she could smile again in his presence, and to her astonishment, she stuttered again all because of his eyes. How funny if felt that he did not have to say anything at all, all he had to do was make one of his faces she etched in her memory. His face expressions of now matched to the ones from the past. That stare right through her, that gaze at her lips. And she realized he was enjoying it too....

She bandaged his wound, both the visible one and the one on his heart. If he could remain there, with her holding him close, he would not move no matter the cost. And moving again felt like no easy task, but he knew this was not the place nor the time. Soon it would all come to pass, but until then they would thread delicately through the fabric of live so interwoven with their eternal love...