The unspoken words...

Sanem missed the old Can. She missed his smile, she missed his honest laugh. She missed the way she felt when he gazed at her. She missed the way she felt while sweetly embraced in his arms. But most of all, she missed the way his love made him feel.

Can Divit was a hard man to love. She knew that from the very beginning. They met when he was an accomplished photographer of international recognition. She was just a simple employee. But she found herself drawn to him. Forced to spend time with him by Emre, her heart was defenseless against his charm and his wit. She had no idea that he fell for her just as she fell for him. The fact that Can Divit himself turned out to be her albatross was both a gift in itself as well as her curse. For she knew exactly how difficult it would be to work with the man who stole her soul and the man who stole her heart. When Can revealed to her he fell in love with her, it knocked breath out of her lungs. She loved him too, but she never before confessed love to anyone. He felt so comfortable saying what lay deep in his heart, where she fought a war in herself to even admit she had those kind of feelings for him.

The love they shared was not an easy one. She somehow felt they made one step forward and two steps back. Each moment of happiness was paid by two of sheer pain. And yet, what they felt inside always came through and kept them moving forward. Kept their hearts together, forever linked in the strong chains of love. And it was that love and memories of the past that kept leading their paths back toward each other again.

The day Can returned changed her life forever. The day she gifted his boat back to him changed it once again. He accepted his boat back, but he did so much more. In accepting his boat back, they accepted their faith. They accepted a future together. Together against all the odds. Their hearts felt strengthened by their new breath of that love. With each new embrace, each kiss, and each gaze, the pain of the past meant less to them and less. For to love someone truly means to accept all that there is - to accept their flaws and their vices. To love means to forgo the pain of the past. To love means to look more toward the future and toward new horizons that lay ahead. Together, Sanem and Can chose to let their hearts guide them, and they chose their love. They chose to link their paths and merge them into one...

Standing in her kitchen Sanem thought of their path. It was still one path, but the destination now lay unknown. Was there still one horizon waiting for them at the end of the road? Or would there be a moment where the path splits by half? As much as she tried to hold her heart true to the promise she made to always stay by Can's side, the strength of that promise kept weakening in her soul. She held Can's ring close by her heart. Even when he was away, the ring brought her solace. Whether it was just a touch of it, or wheter she grasped it firmly for so long that her palm turned pale in the moments she needed him most, that ring gave her power to keep looking forward, reminding her of the strenght of their love in the past. But now she doubted. And that brought her fear. Fear of the future, fear for what lay ahead. It was different when she thought Can left because he gave up on their love. But to now have him back in her life and know he felt nothing at all for her aching heart was more than she could handle. The eyes of Can she looked into no longer looked at her with the same lights. The hands of Can she looked down on no longer offered the slightest touch of warmth. The lips she yearned for she was no longer allowed to feel against her lips. And the heart she opened hers for no longer seeked to search for her heart...

Can came by her house, found her in the kitchen. Accepted her tea, and felt its warmth deep inside. He complemented her talent for the taste of her tea. If he only knew how this little gesture filled her heart with light. But that light soon dimmed. For he told her he stopped reading her book. Stopped it for two reasons, both of which brought her pain. First, because he told her that if they really shared the kind of love she wrote of in the book, then he was unfair to them both for not remembering that love. And second, and this hurt her the most, was because he could not understand why he gave up his freedom for her and for their love. He did not remember that their love brought him so much more freedom than he ever felt before.

And then she asked him, perhaps the most painfully honest question that ever left her lips. She asked if he regreted their love or if his memory loss helped him regain the freedom he lost. His pause and then his answer delt a new blow to her strained heart. He said he could not answer that, at least not at this time. His unspoken words were louder than the silence they felt. She saw indecision in his eyes. He saw fear in hers. The path they stood on was beginning to sway. It was beginning to fade. But they both felt they needed to trust the luck of their lifes in the days that lay ahead. Both needed to trust more in their love. And just as that luck ripped their plans into pieces, it may have in store so much better that that...