Fighting her own battles...

Sanem Aydin was no quitter. Never was. Never would be. She firmly believed that a challenge was an obstacle presented to her by the luck of her life, and it was meant to be overcome...

She met Can Divit and fell in love with a love greater than many poets would have ever dared to dream of. But she first had to ovecome the fear in her heart that she may not be good enough or honest enough for him. As time went on, she was faced with new challenges in her work. This too she faced head on, with full faith that she was meant for great things, and she became a writer at the Fikri Harika agency.

But one challenge proved beyond her ability to conquer it. Can's doubt in their love. The day he told her he accepted Polen's offer to leave Istanbul for work and join her, was the darkest day in her life up to that point. However he put it, she only understood that he chose Polen, and that she no longer mattered to his heart. It broke her to pieces. It felt as if he ripped her heart right out of her chest and crushed it without ever considering his love for her, or her love for him. All she could hear was Polen's vile and uncontrolled laughter in her head. And she could no longer control the despair overflowing each cell in her body. No amount of oxygen could have saved the lacking spaces in her lungs. And with blinded hopelessnes in her eyes, she fell right into the clutches of none other than Yigit - Polen's brother himself.

Though Can warned her, again and again, that Yigit was bad news, she could not listen to his words. Whether these words seemed like worry or jelousy, the stubborn side of her failed to see just how right Can would prove to be about Yigit. Even though Sanem and Can reconsiled, Can's doubt in their love proved to be of grave consequences. She failed to see what Can warned her about. She saw good in people, and Yigit made sure she would only see his good side. Even when Can warned her about Yigit's false intentions, she chose to ignore them, choosing instead to pretend that Can's concern was based on jelousy rather than her well being.

And she paid the biggest and most painful price of all. She chose to trust Yigit over Can. But what she really chose, was to break Can's heart and forever wound his soul. She was devastated by Yigit's fall, but she failed to see that Can had been hurt too. And the feeling of loss of her trust struck him hard and deep to the core. She watched Can walk away, with each step longer than a mile. The pain she felt could not have been explained by any words. If she had only known that it was Yigit who was the true villain, and the hero that was trying to save her ended up being rejected...

Looking at the photos held by Can left her breathless. Any doubt she had left in her mind of Yigit's true nature disappeared. Photo after photo, Yigit was becoming the vile and horrid brother of Polen that she failed to see before. Photo after photo, she was becoming shockingly aware of just how much Can was right, and how much she had been wrong. She looked at Yigit with discust in her eyes. But it was Can who she turned toward next. He was telling Yigit he was a liar. A coward, a poor excuse of a man. She stopped him then. Not because he was wrong. But because this was her obstacle. Her challenge to overcome. Just as she overcame the challenge of finding out just how bad Camal's involvement with her creams was. And this too was her battle to fight. And no one would fight her battles for her. Not even Can Divit...

She made a mistake in trusting Yigit over Can once. Damned if she would make that mistake twice. She loved and lost Can, and it nearly cost her her life. She would not fall victim to Yigit's childish game for the second time. She would need some time to figure out just how bad Yigit was, but she knew she did not need any time whatsoever to realize how much she still loved Can, and what he meant to her. She rushed after Can. She tried to speak out, scream out how much she loved him and how much he was right. But the pain and hurt in his eyes stopped her. She never saw so much sorrow in his eyes. She wondered if he knew how much of his soul cried out through his eyes in that moment. She tried to say so much to him, but the only thing her soul permitted her to say was that she trusted him. She said it again, with as much love and hope as her heart could hold.

And then, she finally let go of her fear of belonging to  Can, and she kissed him...