Beyond any doubt...

Surrender never comes easy. Especially to a heart taught to guard itself at all cost. But Can Divit was a man of action. A man of his word. A man of honor. He acted upon his gut feeling and never looked back. The man he had become in the last year was a man of deep thought and contemplation, but he did not remember that. Yet the man within him never doubted himself. And that stayed the same. Though the time he lost seemed to have blocked itself off from his heart and his mind, he never doubted that his actions during that time came from his gut feeling, and that became the reason why he decided to trust his heart with Sanem again...

Trust was one thing. And trying to understand her was something different altogether. Tried as he may, there was no rhime or reason to her actions. She acted on a whim in one moment, and then acted as if her heart dictated her actions based on deepest meaning and consideration. And he was crazy about her. That light of her heart that shone throught her eyes blasted the shaddows from his heart for the second time in his life. He was a reserved man, a man of limits, walls, and someone who only offered a smidge of himself and only to a limited number of people. But Sanem paid no attention to his limits. She came and she conquered, and now she chose to halt her affection to him, all because of what she heard him say. And he could not blame her for it.

But damned if he would let her take another step back. Not he. Not Can Divit. His heart felt that drum of the beat whenever he became determined. And determined he was. Determined to succeed and get Sanem back. Determined to conquer her now guarted heart. He was accustomed to pursuing women, but he was not accustomed to have his pursuit rejected. More than rejected. He was not accustomed to have his pursuit leave the woman completely unaffected. And Sanem did just that. She did not just reject his attempts, she acted as if they had no baring on her heart. And that, he realized, made him even more determined.

Once he admitted his feelings for her to himself, he forged a plan to woo her back. For his plan to work, he made sure she would be surprised to see him at the hotel Deren so conveniently sent Sanem to. And surprised she was. So surprised not only in finding him there. She was also surprised that he acted as if he was trying to impress her. And he did, though she would never admit it. He even impressed her inner voice, whom he began to tolerate and expect. He even grew fond of it, for he realized that her inner voice appeared whenever he was getting closer to her. In a sarcastically witty way he grew to gauge Sanem's feelings for him by the reappearence of that inner voice. So the fact that it appeared when he surprised her at the beach resort meant that he was doing exactly what he was supposed to.

As much as she attempted to deny him and refuse any of his help whatsoever, he could not help but to enjoy himself. He had fallen for her and fallen hard, beyond any doubt. And he was beginning to see that light back in her eyes, especially because she was trying so hard to deny it to him and to herself as well...