Once in a mother's heart...

Mevkibe loved with a mother's love. And once she loved, that love never went away from her heart. She treated all children in the neighborhood with the same kindness and concern, as if they were her own...

From the very first time she met Can Divit, she trusted her heart. He was a good man. Good manners, kind words. And she understood too that he was different from others that shared his status and upper class upbringing. He liked Sanem, but he also cared for those from her family and her neighborhood. And above all he was sincere in all that he did. As time went by Mevkibe realized that Can found his place in her heart. The way he looked for Mevkibe's acceptance and Nihat's approval meant more to her than she would let it show...

Her heart never forgot that mother's love when Can went away. When he returned she found it hard to face him with her sorrow of a mother's lost time. But she could never find it hard to still feel a mother's love for him. He hurt Sanem, that they all knew. But Can also had his story to tell. His side of things, that he kept inside. Mevkibe understood that Huma never cared for Can as a mother should, and Huma would never have asked Can to reveal that story to her. But Mevkibe hoped that someday Can would find it in his heart to open up to her as a son only could... And she would not judge. She may have to scold him, but she would not judge...

If Mevkibe only knew what he went through in the past year. If she could one day hear his side of the story. If she could realize that Yigit was to blame for Sanem's and Can's breakup and Can's leaving with a broken heart... As life has a way of working out in the end, Mevkibe never lost hope that some day she could embrace Can as a son once again.

As a smart woman, with her ancestor's wisdom, she knew that the way to a man's heart was through his stomach. She knew Nihat was mad at Can for not only hurting Sanem but also for breaking Nihat's trust he put in him. But just as she never lost hope for the good in the future, she realized that maybe Nihat's heart could be mended as well. So she cooked up a storm, not only for Layla, but for Nihat as well. And she wished to the stars up above that they would mend and heal their family again...