If unspoken words didn't matter...

What would the heart say if it could speak up? What would a soul whisper if it was allowed to utter its beautiful words?

Sanem stood at the edge of Mihriban's property not far from her home, and felt all as if she lacked the courage to take the next step, yet yearned to take it with whatever was left of her broken heart. Unable to move, she stood there and... watched Can. She watched him work with his hands to fix whatever he deemed necessary to fix and make the vacant hut on Mihriban's property his home, even if for just the short period of time before he left Istanbul again.

She recalled the way she watched him at his mountain home the first time she saw him wield an axe. How new it was to her back then. How masculine. She knew back then, just as she lnew now, that Can Divit was a man confident in his skill and capable of accomplishing anything he desired to do. That thought... above all made her tremble even more so, because she knew Can always achieved his goal, whatever it was.

But what she did not know, that Can Divit, the man he used to be, lost his confidence when it came to her. She did not know he yearned for her touch, yet he knew how lethal it was. The Can she knew, though hidden somewhere at the bottom of his heart, was not strong enough to take charge and fight for her again. At least... not yet.

The moment Can raised his head and saw her, his heart sent shockways all through his bloodstream. She was there. Flesh and bone. And she stood there and watched him. He asked himself if she stood there for a long time? Could she have watched him the way he watched her at his hut the first time he took her there? Could she have admired him the way he always admired her? Most importantly, was he ready to accept of she did?

Coming back to reality, Can tried to mask his reaction when Sanem returned back to reality snd finally moved herself, too. She took steps toward him, so he put down the axe and made his way to her. She advised him she had brought him food. And his heart skipped a beat. Not only because Sanem advised him that the food came from Mevkibe, though hos stomach leaped into carwheels at the though of Mevkibe bringing her famous food for him. No. His heart skipped a beat because his hands touched Sanem's.

His skin shivered. Hers did as well. The world around them seemed to have disappeared. Now the heartbeats pounded in both of their battered souls so loudly and rapidly that they could barely pretend that the simple touch did not matter. With so many emotions within them, and so many thoughts running through their mind, they fought their hearts to control it all. Sanem composed herself in that rage of emotions, and pulled her hands from undeneath Can's.

She could barely speak, just like Can at tha moment. So they spoke of little things, ones that their minds were capable of conjuring after a momentary lapse of consciousness. Though they spoke little, and dared not to hope for more, their hearts realized what that tough meant, and how powerfully it affected them. Their love for one another did not end! It was just too afraid to come out to the surface. Even if they tried to convince themselves that unspoken words did not matter, true love that still filled their hearts knew not to give up. And even though Sanem soon walked away, she would not walk away from him, she promised herself that.