A sisterly love...

Sanem felt lucky... In this time of trial and turbulation, she felt the support of her sister Layla and Deniz. Though it had not always been that way...

As a younger sister, Sanem always felt less of a woman because of Layla, who was always more classy, more elegant, more polite. Simply put, Layla was more. But that had not bothered Sanem. What bothered her, was that she did not have as strong of a connection with her only sister as she would have liked. Up until the day Sanem began to work at the same agency with Layla, her sister only seemed to tolerate her. But that all began to change. As Sanem's relationship with Can grew, she found it easier and easier to confide in Layla. For her part too, Layla began to open up to Sanem. They shared their joys of the first moments of love, they shared their laughter about the little things that both Can and Emre did, and they also shared the sorrows when problems arose.

Sanem soon realized that Layla became a huge part of her life when she saw how concerned Layla became about her. Their sisterly bond grew stronger than ever, and Sanem was grateful to her sister for that. The year that had gone by was a time of struggle, but also a time where Layla became Sanem's closest confidante and companion. Ayhan had gone away, which left a huge void in Sanem's life. And Layla knew how much that female companionship meant to a woman. She yearned for it all of her life. That underlying unspoken connection, where words were not necessary to feel what the other woman felt. That understanding of one another without spoken words. That feeling of happiness from shared joys as well as the feeling of blind madness from shared sorrows.

Sanem had not realized just how much Layla too needed that bond. For all of their lifes, Sanem had her Ayhan, but Layla had no one. Now without Ayhan, the bond between sisters strenghted their family like never before. They defended each other, lied for each other, and supported each other without always understanding their thought process.

Now that Can had returned, Layla vowed to protect Sanem from the pain above all. And Sanem was glad to have Layla by her side. They were joined by Deniz, Sanem's friend and guidance companion. As they sat in Sanem's salon and contemplated on all aspects of the fact that Can's hut had burned down, all Sanem could see in with eyes was the blinding bright color of their bandana that Can held tightly in his hand when he ran out of the burning hut. All Sanem could hear in her ears was Can's concerned whispers that he grabbed all that mattered to him from the hut. And, above all else what Sanem's soul could concentrate on now was the fact that Can never forgot her in the year that had passed.

As the three lovely ladies sat down on the couch, they argued for and against what Sanem's actions should be going forward. Sanem paused and smiled, for this had become her circle of love. A bond of sisterly love so very much important to Sanem. A support system with Sanem's best interest at heart. And although the answers that Layla and Deniz came up with fell deaf upon Sanem's ears, she was thankful to them for making sure she would be okay...