Dreams that come true...

What if the dreams you were given by the luck of your stars were meant to be given to you? What if they were meant for you for a reason? Can heard that once from an old wise woman during one of his travels. What if the dreams you were given were a guiding light to the path you were meant to find in your life? Those words came to his heart the moment  he opened his eyes and saw Sanem so sweetly asleep by his side...

The dream that came to him not long ago filled his heart and soul with peace, love, and hope. For in that dream he saw Sanem as his wife. Nothing till then affected him more than the sight of her next to him. It may have been just a dream, but to see them as a family not far in the future filled his soul with unimaginable light and gratitude for finding Sanem, and her becoming a part of his life. She was not just a part of his life. She was his other half, his one and only.

Though the child he held in his arms was not theirs, little Kiraz made him realize that what he held dear in his heart after that dream could one day find its way in to reality.  He gazed at Sanem. And her peaceful expression meant that she felt secure by his side. It was the sight of Sanem that had no walls up around her heart.  A sight of Sanem in love with him that he remembered from a distant past. Back then, she always felt secure and at peace whenever they fell asleep in each other's arms. He remembered how he felt when he saw her embraced in his arms at the relationship retreat. Though he told her a short while before that she meant nothing to him for she broke his trust and she was just like the others, he knew it was a complete lie. She would never ever be just one of the others. His heart would never permit so. She was so much more than that. She was most...

He remembered how he helped calm her down after the nightmare she had at his house. Though they were only friends at that time, she asked him to comfort her and he did just that. He stayed by her side until she fell asleep for her, but he stayed by her side the whole night for them. A man of a complex virtue such as he was, he could never fully exlplain and understand how much he loved her. But he undersood the pinch of pain when he awoke that morning, only to find her gone from his side. That thought was so painful that he realized right away that they would never be just friendly as friends. At least not for his part.

His gaze went from her face to her hand, resting so lightly on his arm, and held Kiraz's tiny hand. How much of that was reality, and how much just a dream? The love he felt for her intensified and multiplied by dozens in that very moment. He let himself drift from reality and think of that moment as if they were one. One little family. A family of three. It made him think briefly of his father Aziz. Could that be the way a father's pride in his family felt in one's heart? If that were true, he would never want that feeling to end.

The moment he felt that father's pride in his heart, Sanem opened her eyes and smiled at him. And a father's pride in Can's heart was overwhelmed by a husband's love for his wife. He could not explain it, once more in his life. Sanem's love often times left him breathless and at a loss for his words. And this was what he felt now. He realized how at peace they both were about this moment. She was gazing at him with love in her eyes. When she smiled at him, it was as pure a smile as he ever saw her gifting him one.

The old woman's words returned to him for the second time now. Maybe, just maybe, his dream of a family with Sanem was trully given to him for a reason? Sanem mentioned once that she too dreamed of a family with three children. Maybe that dream was a way of his stars letting him know to trust in their love? Maybe he could finally find his piece of a family to call his own? Maybe his dream was given to him as much for him as much for Sanem? And maybe it was given to him for he would be the only one that could make it come true?

With that thought in his heart he looked at Sanem with all of his love in his eyes. She did not turn away, she kept looking at him. And her expression was all the affirmation he needed to see. They would be a family. They would make it work. And with baby Kiraz as his witness, still holding his hand, he vowed he would give that family all that he had..