The best kind of payback comes in a form of self-destruction...

What becomes of a man filled with rage? Such a man can no longer feel peace, longing for a beloved's soft hand in his palm, and love of his one and only soulmate in his heart...

Love had made Can Divit open his mind to the possibility of being needed. It made him realize that someone could love him more than one would love oneself. It made him feel that it was possible to mend all the broken pieces of his heart -a heart that was yearning to be loved. It was love that, above all, made him trust Sanem with all that he was...

The love that they shared filled his heart and soul with the peace that he longed for ever since his parents parted their ways. He promissed himself that he would seek a soulmate one day, and once he would find her he would do anything to keep her. He promissed himself that he would create a family that would be strong enough to never let go, to forge a bond so strong that the winds of change would prove unable to reach their sacred ties...

Can understood life, and he believed that there was no such thing in life as coincidence. His heart found Sanem, and once that heart trusted her, he never looked back. His heart hurt when he learned that Sanem lied to him and that she listened to Emre more than him. But his heart never closed itself off to her. His heart knew who it belonged to, and it belonged to Sanem. It was her love that guided him back to her again. And this time too it took him no time at all to love her completely...

Through the twisted cruelty of life, they were made to part ways again. And this time, as Can had later thought, it had been him who failed Sanem. She had done all that she could have to save him from harm, but he was too blinded by his bruised ego to see that back then. Had he acknowledged how much her sacrifice of their perfume cost her, he would have held on to her tighter and never let go...

The year that had passed filled Can with a new understanding of who he really was. His hopes and dreams once close to his heart, now filled his mind on a new level of love. What becomes of a man filled with rage? Can now understood that the answer was too painful to overlook. He had become nothing. His life he once lived prior to meeting Sanem seemed so distant that he felt no connection with it. It is true that in order to trully understand oneself and one's worth, one sometimes needs to fall to the ground. Once Can had done that, he realized who he had become. He was still the same man, but his new feeling of peace offered so much to him, that he almost felt grateful to Yigit.

Can realized that all things between him and Sanem were not as they should have been back then. They loved each other, they were in love. Yet somehow their insecurities caused a rift that the two of them from a year ago were not strong enough to overcome. Can, adrift in his boat, spent every moment reliving their love. He promissed himself that he would get over Sanem. But all that he did was yearn for her love with each passing day. And the time he was alone made him a new man, a man who realized how much inner peace and faith in their love could have affected their past. And as much as he feared seeing Sanem again in the beginning, he realized that his new understanding of what they shared in their hearts may just be the key to their love going forward...

As he stood facing Yigit, he felt that his new inner peace gave him control. And through this control he senced Yigit's panic. The rage in Yigit's eyes gave him so much satisfaction as he could have known. But the wisdom he now possessed kept him from making Yigit feel like he had lost just then. It was Yigit now who was consumed by rage. Though Can held an empty disk in his hand, Yigit confirmed his suspicion of throwing Sanem's notebook into the destructive inferno. But Can had not won yet, and he understood that. He needed for Sanem to hear that he was right about Yigit for all of this time. As much as it would have given him satisfaction for Yigit to walk away now, Can knew that the best thing to happen would be for Sanem to figure it out on her own. Because then she would have realized that he never lied to her, and that his love for Sanem only made him protect her.