In the heart of a parent...

There were many dreams Mevkibe and Nihat Aydin had for their daughters. To grow up and become good people. To grow up and become successful not by luck but by earning their success. To grow up and find the kind of true love they found themselves. Life dealt them a new son-in-law they never saw coming in Emre Divit. And, what pained them the most, they lost the son-in-law they opened their hearts to in Can Divit.

Day in and day out when Sanem and Can's love grew Mevkibe and Nihat watched from the sidelines just how much that love meant to Sanem. When they opened their home to Can, they opened it to a man they were growing more and more fond of. Can was a good man, a kind man, one reserved with his feelings and reserved with his heart. But they sensed he needed them as much as he needed Sanem. So they opened their hearts to him. Though that road was not easy, Mevkibe realized soon that Can really loved Sanem. And when Sanem told Nihat that she finally found the one who would help keep her safe in all storms of her life, he changed his mind and opened his heart to Can too. And when Can asked Nihat for his blessing first before he proposed to Sanem, that father's love in Nihat grew stronger for him. He felt so at peace that Can not only loved Sanem, but respected them too..

The pain Sanem felt when Can left her side was just as unbearable to Mevkive and Nihat. Not out of anger, but out of saddness above all. Mevkibe and Nihat understood was love meant. To love meant to trust in that feeling of the heart. To love meant to trust in the support of the soul. When Can proposed they understood how much it meant for Can to reach out to Sanem. And how much it meant for Sanem to hear Can tell the whole world he now belonged to her...

So for him to leave, and leave Sanem behind, made them feel disappointed. It made them feel that Sanem was cheated out of the purity of love that only true love could provide. But what hurt them the most was watching Sanem in a hopeless fight to stay alive. She had fallen so deeply in love with Can that she gave all of herself to him. Her light was now dim. He happiness gone. Her despair took over her heart. And sorrow filled her soul. She was never the same since the day he had left. And although she was better now, and so much happier with Can back in her life, they never forgot those days that had passed.

Nihat spoke to Sanem, and he let his pain guide his words. His heart never forgot the way she slipped through his fingers when all she could think of was that Can was not there anymore. The long nights keeping watch by her side turned into days of gray and dreadful despair, for their daughter lost the essence of who she was deep inside. But as Mevkibe told Can, they were not bad people at all. Never before and never to Can. Mevkibe still loved Can, and she always would. But she was so disappointed in Can for leaving Sanem, and above all she was hurt by his breaking his promise entrusted in the engagement ring he gave to Sanem. To stay by her side and never leave her behind. She too watched Sanem loose her soul when he left. And Mevkibe never forgot how dissapointed she felt in herself too, because she was the one who opened their home to Can so long ago. She put her own marriage on the line just for Can, because she believed in the kindness of his heart. That kindness was there still, she felt it herself, but that pain of the past overshaddowed it now.

As Mevkibe loved with a mother's kind heart, she understood their daughters' hearts too. Leyla found love with Emre, she accepted that fact. And she hoped with her whole heart that Sanem found that kind of love too. But she already knew it, with a mother's keen heart, that Sanem's heart would only belong to Can. So she told her daughter that she was her soul too, so she would be happy for Sanem was happy at last. Though she would not forget, and she told that to Sanem too. But what she did not say, and maybe that was a mistake, was that Can was in her motherly soul as well, for he never left her heart. And those unspoken words would ring so loud in her heart each time she would think of Sanem, and especially of Can, in the short days to come...