The day had finally belonged to them...

The day that began with the despair of two hearts turned out to be one of the most beautiful days ever to have occurred on earth. It ended with merging of those two hearts back into one heart filled with a neverending love. Sitting under the same tree in the park where they sat under so many times, Sanem felt so at home and so at peace. She was back by Can's side. She was back in his arms. And she could not help but feel everso grateful for his tender embrace. 

They have weathered many storms. Their skies were not always cloudless and filled with the warmth of the sun. But she finally realized that their love was strong enough. Strong enough to fight for it. Strong enough to survive. She smiled thinking how much this day mirrored their love. The despair in the moments of sheer uncertainty. And the most joyous of moments of realization that the love they felt for each other filled both of their hearts with dreams and hopes for the future. They fell in love despite of the world around them. They fell in love against all odds. They fell in love, and, chose to fight for that love with all that they had.

She remembered the time when they hid their love from world. The tree they sat under offered its shade and a piece of land they called their own. They sat under it so many times. She offered him the blue origami butterfly she made just for him there. He placed the most gentlest of white dasies in her hair, and saw how beautifully it crowned her head with the love he offered to her there. They held each other in their arms under that tree countless of times. Held their hands together. And because they were photographed there in the sweetest of embraces, they were forces to reveal their love to the world...

The fact that they once again sat under that tree gave Sanem even more reason to forever be grateful to that tree for the refuge and a sense of belonging it offered. Can held her in his arms again. And he professed his love for her once again. His words filled her with so much happiness she could not contain the light within her any longer. Her smile felt the most happiest she ever offered to him. He too kept smiling back at her. A thought flashed by her mind that she had not seen that wonderful smile in such a long time. It was a smile of a man content with himself. A smile of a confident man. A smile of a man in love. He told her that they could do whatever she wanted to do because the day belonged to them. And he was right. The day had finally belonged to them. They no longer needed to hide their love. They no longer needed to be afraid of tomorrow...

They enjoyed a play of frisbee, they walked through the park. She remembered the day after Can revealed to her he was her albatross. She broke his camera in a true Sanem fashion. Instead of being mad, Can asked her for assistance in fixing the camera. In a way the fact that they fixed it together proved so symbolic to their love. They would always fix everything when they worked on it together... But they did so much more that day. They walked through the park that day, same as they did now. They enjoyed sharing cotton candy just as they enjoyed sharing corn now. And Can had opened up to her in a way she never thought possible. She knew he was a reserved man. A guarded man. But she never thought he had so many deep layers underneath that fasade of a strong confident man. He had a heart yearning for love. And she knew at that moment she loved him more than she was ready to admit.

Sitting by the shore of the Bosphorus she counted her blessings. Can's love encompassed her heart. His love filled her soul. Come what may, she would make certain they would make it work. They learned from their mistakes and errors of their ways. Fear and doubt in their love no longer existed. The fact that he loved her now despite of his memory loss only proved what her heart already knew. She was meant for him, and he was meant for her. Whether they professed their love with words, by kisses, by time-stopping gazes into each other's eyes, or by the most endearing of embraces, they knew they loved each other. They felt it too. And they both knew life was better when they held each other's hand...