What of true love?

Sanem Aydin was a lucky woman. She was an accomplished writer. She was a woman whose friendship to those close to her knew no boudaries. She was a woman who lived her life surrounded by people who loved her and supported her. But there was something that was missing. Or rather, someone...

Can Divit was more than someone in her life. He was her life. She lost herself in him, and lost herself when he left. Through the luck of their stars they came back to each other. And that same luck tore them apart yet again...

It was unclear to her why love delt them cards so hard to play. They loved each other, that was no doubt. The love they shared seemed impossible to have even occurred. Two hearts, so different from one another, yet in search of the light only those two hearts shone out toward one another. Two souls, so distand in the void of the world, yet they recognized they were soulmates, and they never let go...

Until the accident put a halt on that love. Sanem searched for all possible answers as to what happened to Can. She searched for an explanation as to why he did not recall their love, or her for that matter. She spent countless hours missing him when he was gone in the year he was away. Now she was missing him when he was right next to her. He was there, but he was not. And she found herself in the coldest place imaginable for someone in love. She found herself in Can's sea of indifference.

She knew, as a dreamer and a romantic at heart, that the opposite of love was not hate. It was indifference. Hate she could stand, she would know how fight it. She fought Can's anger and hurt and rage following their breakups. She knew how to cope with that. But indifference..? That emotion was the worst of all emotions combined. For how does someone fight for love with a person they mean nothing to?

Can woke up from his coma. He was well and, considering his head trauma, was in quite a good shape. The only thing he was missing from his usual self was his memory. His memory of Sanem. And she could not figure out why. He didn't just forget her. He forgot everything about her and about how much he had grown as a person.

Sitting at the hospital with Sanem by his side, he felt so distant to her. He felt so lost. He asked Sanem for help, a hint of who he was, who they were. She tried her best to describe their love to him. How they met, how they fell in love. His question as to why they fell in love delt her a new blow. How does one answer that question? She thought instantly of how much he had regressed into his feeling of loneliness. How much he relapsed back into the person who no longer trusted? She told him they fell in love, it was as simple as that. They fell in love, and fought for that love. And she swore to herself she would go to any lenghts necessary to bring his love for her back to his heart.

Sanem yearned for Can's touch she loved so much. Sitting by his side, unable to stretch out that hand for his own brought her so much pain. She knew that life was made up of moments where one realized how much they mean to someone. And what void did the heart feel if one realized they now mean nothing to the person they meant everything to? What loneliness and what isolation was left in their soul? What abandonment filled their heart? What of their true love? How would she endure? How would she survive? How would she look toward a brand new day if she did not see Can's hand stretched out toward her?

She knew how. She knew exactly how. She would keep reaching out to him with her hand stretched out first. She was no quitter. Not now and not ever. She never let go of her love for her Can. And she would make sure she would keep on fighting. For her and for him. Like it or not, Can was in for a fight for their love. And she knew she had enough of that love to fill both of their hearts yet again and once more...