Actions speak louder than any words of denial...

Can was furious. Silently, and with greatest restraint Can learned to control over the past year, but the fury was still there nonetheless. That temper simmering right under his skin was done pretending it wasn't there. He knew sooner or later he would no longer be able to contain his disgust with Yigit. But... he was a smarter man now. He was wiser, older, and much more capable of pulling at Yigit's emotions than before.

Yigit came into Can's life at a time when his life was in despair. Any way he tried, Sanem seemed to slip right through his fingers. His words no longer affected her, his actions no longer made her stay by his side. The day he made a haste decision to tell Sanem he took Polen's offer to leave Istanbul and Sanem behind changed their life forever. He was hurting, but he did not realize that his words wounded her soul beyond any pain she had ever felt before. Because Sanem's eyes looked at life through her soul, once that soul was crushed, her eyes no longer saw the world around her. And, through the unfortunate turn of events, Yigit barged in their life to comfort the hopeless dreamer and writer side of her soul, skillfully hiding his treacherous intentions.

Can fought for their love. He gave it all that he could. But somehow Yigit always found a way to turn everything around so that Can ended up to resemble the Bad King. As unimaginable as it seemed to Can, Sanem put her trust in Yigit's words rather than in his. And, worst of all things in Can's life, Sanem did not only NOT believe in Can's explanation, she believed in Yigit's lie about her beloved notebook. That was too much for Can's heart to handle. That newfound pain, the raw intensity of it, cut his heart in half and left it bleeding. And it had bled for the entire past year...

Yes, he was back, but Sanem was right in saying he was not back completely. He did not return for her, not for them. But what she did not see was that each breath Can took, with her just as close as she'd been, was an intimate battle inside him. He realized he could not live without her. That was as obvious as the setting sun. But what was still left for him to figure out, was whether he was strong enough to let his guard down and let Sanem back in his life - this time for good.

As in the past, whenever Yigit was able to turn the tables against Can, he tried to scare Can away by showing Sanem that as flames had destroyed her notebook, flames also destroyed Can's hut - a clear sign that Can was not welcomed in their lives. But this time Yigit felt the burn. This time the choice had been made for him - by Sanem and her undenying love for Can. Can's hut was on fire. Both Can and Emre knew who had set it ablaze. And that to Can was the turning point. Yigit took Sanem, he took their life and their love from him in the past. But, damned if he would take away the one thing Can had of Sanem that would forever be only his, only theirs...

His family and friends watched in complete despair as Can barged in to the burning inferno. He had no time to explain why he ran in. And no one would have understood it. Sanem watched with fear in her eyes as Can disappeared between the flames shooting out from the hut. The seconds he was inside felt like eternity, especially to Sanem. If he could only hear his friends' desperate calls, his family's screaming pleas, and Sanem's uncontrolled worry in her words, he would understand how much they loved him. But all he could hear was his heart's despair, for the inferno could have destroyed the one thing he had held in his hands and close to his heart for the entire past year.

He grabbed the bandana, and rushed outside. Burned, but unhurt, he saw Sanem's fear all mixed with worry and love all in one. She did not speak, but he understood she was coming around to loving him again. And above all, what he realized was that just as others were oblivious to the fact that he only came out with a single bandana, Sanem seemed to have understood what had just occurred. And she was trembling, but no longer from fear...

He felt the triumph resonate from his palm holding the bandana all the way to his astonished heart. Astonished not by his own bravery, but at the fact that Sanem still had feelings for him. He saw it in her eyes. And the spark that he saw right in her eyes as he told Mirhiban that he took all that had mattered to him from inside the hut seemed to dim the light of the hut. The spark was back now, and so was her love...