The very value of one life...

One might say a life is only as good as moments lived in it. One might say life is worth only as much as the love one chooses to give. One might say life is priceless. And they would all agree that life, when in danger of burning out the spark that holds it bound to this world, is worth more than anything else in this world...

Can Divit was loved. Even if he was not aware of just how much he was loved, he was. Once a man afraid that love was something not meant for him, was now surrounded by those who considered his life of the utmost importance. His parents, brother, and friends gathered around him and could hardly dare to look at how much he was hurting. And then there was Sanem. The love of his life, to whom his life meant so much more than her own. She stood, hurt but alive. And the only thing she could do now was look at him from afar and beg all the virtues she could summon that he would stay alive and come back to her. The pain of last year felt like a peck on a cheek compared to the despair she felt in her heart now. Their hearts found their way back to each just a few days before. How cruel and unjust she felt it was for life to have offered them that spark of rekindled love, only to rip their hearts to shredded pieces.

Her despair had no boundaries, it crushed her soul and she could not breathe. She screamed at her family to bring her to Can for she could not bare to be away from him. She felt like dying from not knowing where and how he was. And that despair only grew more when they found out he was not out of the woods yet. His injuries were severe. More severe than they thought. And that meant only one thing. Something every person is faced with when that news hits them hard... They assessed the value of their own relationship with the one in danger...

Emre looked at Can and saw himself in him. The accident he had happened at a point in his life where he was fueled by anger and envy. What came out of it  was only goodness. He found a wife, he found a new family he belonged with, he found home, and above all he found love that made him believe he could be a good man. Just as his brother always knew he could be. Emre did not realize until now how much their brotherly bond grew. And he did not know what he would do if he were to loose that now...

Ceycey was numb. His emotions always hightened to the point of break, now lay numb and frozen. Tears formed in his eyes and he dared not to brush them away. They were tears for Can, Can Bey and Can his friend. They had become friends, so much more than colleagues. Can was more than his boss, he was a familiar soul. When Can returned back from his year away, Ceycey found peace again. Ayhan was gone, but Can was back. And that was all Ceycey needed, if that was all that life would offer to him. So to see Can lay lifeless right in front of his eyes, took all of Ceycey's emotions and turned them inside out..

Deren herself was crushed. Can was a co-worker, but then so much more. Ever since Sanem came to their lifes she watched Can open up and grow as a man. She valued his opinion, looked up to him and was thankful that he valued hers as well. Though she would never admit it, the tears that fell from her eyes were shed for a friend, who she had come to miss when he was away...

Bulut and Deniz and Muzo and Mihriban felt so bad for Can. Though they did not know Can as well as the others, they had come to know Can as a man who cared about friends. And he cared about Sanem, and that was enough to tell them how special he was. So they came to offer their support as well, for they all knew what his condition had meant.

Aziz Bey and Mevkibe cried with their hearts torn open. Aziz for the son he feared he would loose, and Mevkibe for the son she wished she could have loved and accepted more. If he could, Aziz would have offered to take Can's place in less than a heartbeat. He could not bare to watch Can lay still and so far away from his fatherly arms. Mevkibe, for her part, cried from her heart that never closed itself off to Can. He was her son, whether she would admit it or not, for her motherly heart took him in and never let him go.

Hüma could not believe what she saw, what she felt. How many chances had she wasted? How many times she let her pride take center stage and left Can and his life out? She was not proud of what she had done, and that burden lay heavy with guilt on her heart. She cried, and cried honestly. And she hoped with what was left of her heart that Can would survive, and would come back to them soon.

And then, there was Nihat. Ashamed and afraid. He went to great lengths to look at Can now. His words of anger rang loud in his ears. And even heavier, for he knew Sanem would remember those words as well. He wished Can dead, just one day ago. If he could he would have saved those words to himself, and would have spared Sanem's ears, and now her heart. But words held power, he knew it too well. And he knew that if Can made it out safe, he would have to come to terms with himself and speak with Sanem and Can about what he said...