Chocolates, flowers, and the salted coffee...

Sanem's world changed when Can walked into her life. From the very first moment they met she understood that her life would never be the same. The day she started work at the Fikri Harika agency started chaotic to say the least - and it ended in a way she never could have imagined. The chaos of the day turned into a chaos of the night that forever filled her heart. She kissed a man. Kissed him in the darkness so encompassing her mind that she let herself be guided by the lips of the stranger and the gentlest of touches she has ever felt against the skin of her back. She never would have imagined that the man she met as Can Divit the next day would prove to be the same man who held her in the most serene of embraces the night before...

But that was exactly who Can Divit proved to be. And she loved him for it. Because the man she fell in love with and who loved her back was a man so full of contradictions that he had no problem stealing her heart. She never liked normal. She despised ordinary. That is why Muzo caused her mind to shut down when she heard she was to be married to him. They were childhood friends and nothing more. She never could have forced herself to marry a man who had no depth and no hidden stories within his heart. When she heard that he would be coming by her home with chocolates and flowers she refused to abide by her parents' rules. Luckily for her she realized that the only way to get out of that mess was to oversalt his coffee to the point of despair. And her plan worked. His reaction was exactly what she was looking for. And because of her actions Muzo had suffered a great defeat that day...

Tradition meant a lot to Sanem. She always hoped that the man of her heart and of her dreams would help tend to tradition, and also come to her family with chocolates and flowers and ask for her hand in marriage. The first attempt of that made by Muzo failed miserably, to her delight. And she did not have to wait long for his second attempt. But this time Can Divit was there to save the day. The evening of Sanem's parents' anniversary Can had come with chocolates and flowers for Mevkibe. When Muzo barged into Aydin's house Sanem could not help it and barely held in a laugh. Muzo was a far cry of a copy of Can Divit himself. A far cry. When Muzo saw Can with chocolates and flowers, he understood his defeat but refused to give up. But the sight of Can with chocolates and flowers made Sanem's heart skip a beat. From that day on she wished deep within her heart that a day would come when Can would come to her home bearing those gifts truly meant for her.

So when that day had finally come for Can Divit to present chocolates and flowers for their engagement she could not have been happier. She was a girl raised in tradition. Her values were rooted in the way her parents loved each other and respected each other. She knew that chocolates and flowers were not enough to fulfill the tradition. The salted coffee Can was forced to drink went in like a mild drink at best. But he put on a brave face and drank it like a champion. And they both smiled for not long ago Can helped Leyla conjure salted coffee for Osman's engagement with Leyla. And now he was drinking it himself. And from now on he would finally be able to call Sanem his own.

Their family gathered to witness their most special day. Ceycey and Muzo were there too, for they grew to become so much more than just friends with them. They supported Sanem when Can was away at sea, and they supported Can in bringing his memory back. Both Sanem and Can knew their relationship would not have been where it was now if it wasnt't for Ceycey and Muzo. They felt the same about Mihriban. Mihriban, who had become more than a sister to Sanem and more than a friend to Can, meant more to them that day than she ever could have expected. She represented Can's side of family that day. The joy and gratitude she felt inside at that moment could only have been understood by Aziz, and she hoped someday soon he would come back to her so that she could share her feelings of this day with him.

The moment Nihat gave Sanem away and cut the red ribbon signifying that from that moment on Sanem no longer belonged to him but to Can filled everyone's heart with happiness for the couple and with hopes for their future. Sanem was finally Can's, and he was hers. For all eternity to come. The love in his eyes she saw then left her heart breathless and made her soul soar to the skies. The love in her eyes reassured Can that he needn't fear love anymore. Her love healed him, and it always would. When Sanem looked down upon her hand laying gently on his chest and saw the band adorned with the red ribbon, she finally understood what it meant to be a dreamer, and that dreams really did come true if the heart and soul did not give up but fought against all odds and won...