{30 I will never be like everyone else

Your POV

''See you later guys,'' You wave your friends goodbye and leave the small coffee shop where the three of you enjoyed a coffee together. Today was Saturday and you had a whole day of working at the cafe ahead of you but you had met up with the girls before work to tell them about your evening with Yoongi yesterday. They always wanted to know everything that happened between the two of you and you couldn't even blame them if one of had them found their soulmate you wanted to know everything too.

After a short subway ride, you arrive at the little cafe you work, when you enter your colleagues greet you with a smile. You put on your apron and start your day of work. The cafe you work at is small and most guests are old people who just come to drink a cup of tea or coffee, it's a little boring sometimes but the boss pays well. So when the bell rings and you see a boy and girl holding hands enter the cafe you look at them surprised, not expecting a young couple to enter the cafe. Then you gather yourself and bow politely to them.

''Welcome,'' you say with a bright smile, but you can't help staring at their intertwined hand, which somehow reminds you of the time you spent with Yoongi yesterday. The couple greets you back and sits down at the table near the window. The whole time you follow them with your eyes, you can't help but look. They are so happy laughing, smiling and it makes you feel a little lonely. You're a little jealous of them because you realize all too well that you will never be like them.

You will never be able to go to a restaurant with Yoongi holding his hand, laughing, smiling.

You will never be able to casually walk around hand in hand, nowhere, not in a park, not in the street, not anywhere outside.

You will never be able to go out in public with him, it would be too risky.

Yeah, maybe, in the long run, he will tell the world that the two of you are together, soulmates even maybe, but still, you will be followed and shared with the world. Always and everywhere some camera lurking behind the bushes.

Waiting...

And watching...

Yoongi's every move...

Your every move...

Waiting for Yoongi or you to slip up, to do something you're not supposed to do and create a scandal. Even a little peck on the lips would be shared with millions of fans.

Even now, no one even knows you exist. His work means everything to him and if you would make him chose, not that you would ever do that, but if you would, you were quite sure he would his career. It was his life, it was he had spent years worth of blood, sweat, and tears on to come this far. A girl he barely knows, soulmate or not, would never be able to come between him and his dreams. So even now, you had no other choice than to share with millions of fans all around the world. He would never even be yours, would he? Those were the consequences of dating an idol, you knew this when you said you wanted to be with him. You knew what the Kpop world was like, you have been a fan for years and had seen how couples are treated in the Kpop world. Even if the couple announces they are soulmates they are not always accepted, sometimes even not believed at all. Why were you thinking like this? It hadn't bothered you before, then why was it now? It was ridiculous. Besides, wasn't this what you wanted? A man who is independent so you could be independent too, where you wouldn't rely on each other, be able to keep your freedom. You don't even really know why you felt so sad watching the happy couple, usually, you were fine being on your own. You liked being on your own. Then why did it feel so lonely?

You are taken back to reality by your phone buzzing in the pocket of your apron, it's a message from Yoongi.

Yoongi: Are you alright? Did you feel a little... lonely?