{42 Today is the day pt 2 (Yoongi POV)

{42 Today is the day Pt2 (Yoongi POV)

''Thanks,'' I said to my driver when I got out of the car, ''I'll call you when I need you again, and thanks again for keeping this a secret.''

''No problem sir,'' The driver says in a serious voice.

''How many times do I have to tell you, stop calling me sir,'' I sigh and then smile at the driver, ''Mister is good enough.''

The driver doesn't reply but I can see a small smile on his lips before closing the door. Mr. Choi had been my driver for the past year and he was always serious and professional, Jimin, Taehyung, and Seokjin had made it their quest to make him smile at least once when they were in the car with me. They rarely succeeded, just like none of us had succeeded in getting him to lose the honorifics. Then again, seriousness and professionalism were what was asked of him and he was good at his job.

I turn around to the apartment complex and looked up at it. It was an old building, paint chips were falling off on some parts and some green patches of moss showed it hadn't been cleaned in years either. Still, it didn't seem half as bad as some of the other student complexes in the neighborhood. I walked up to the building and immediately I felt her faint heartbeat enter my chest, it always felt like I was coming home. Her heartbeat beating along with mine always felt it was meant to be like that, one heart, one soul, it was strangely comforting and it amazed me every time it happened.

Today I was here to meet her friends, she had talked quite a bit about them and it had made me quite curious. Still, it had taken me by surprise when she asked if I wanted to meet them. Maybe it was because it also scared me, I rarely talk to new people, contrary to what most people think the idol life can be quite lonely. Most people think that idols are friends with everyone and that during there daily life they interact with all kinds of people. In reality, I rarely talk to other people outside of BTS. Yeah, we have our regular staff, but most of the time we only interact briefly during working hours, in a secured environment. It must have been years I've met new people without the comfort of my security guards next to me. I know it's absurd to feel scared to meet two girls, but after everything that has happened over the past years, I couldn't help but feel vulnerable without my guards. Apparently, Y/N was nervous too because she had already cracked open a bottle of wine, beer or something else alcoholic. I started feeling the slight buzz about an hour ago and it made me feel a little more courageous and bold which hopefully wouldn't suddenly disappear in front of two unfamiliar girls.

When I arrived at the apartment I typed in her number in the electronic dial pad next to the front door, after a short moment I heart a soft buzz and the front door swung open. I stepped in the elevator and removed my facemask and cap thinking it would be weird if her friends would be already at the door and saw me wearing them. I smoothed my hair that got ruffled by the cap in the mirror of the elevator and waited until it reached her floor. While riding the elevator upstairs her heartbeat got stronger with every second. I was very nervous about meeting her friends. She had told me that her friends had practically begged her to meet me, which scared me even more. But the more I thought about the more logical it became, my friends had been dying to meet her after I told them she was my soulmates, of course, her friend would be like that too. They even have known were soulmates for a much longer time and when thinking about it surprised it even took this long for her to ask this. I was their best friend's soulmate, of course, they wanted to meet me. The fact that they were also fans made things even worse for me, it felt as if they knew me but I didn't know them. I would go in blind, of course, Y/N had told me about them but that was all I knew.

When the elevator doors opened I took a deep breath gathered my courage and then walked into the hallway. Barely had I taken a step into the hallway when at the end a door opened and her head popped around the corner, curiously looking down the hallway. I expected two other heads to appear but they didn't.