dead mother's daughter

A/n: i apologize in advance for the terrible spelling and grammar. i haven't read this through.

group chat

betty: omg did you guys hear the news?!
kevin: what no
cheryl: nope
veronica: no
toni: no
fangs: what are you talking about?
archie: i'm lost
sweet pea: ^
jughead: it's josie. she's dead.
kevin: WAIT WHAT
fangs: omg.....
toni: no way
cheryl: omg what happened?!
veronica: that's terrible
archie: what?!
sweet pea: omg. i can't believe it. but what even happened? and what about layla?
veronica: who?
cheryl: whose layla?
kevin: omg i forgot you guys don't know.....well basically josie has a kid.
toni: EXCUSE ME?!
veronica: YOUR KIDDING RIGHT?
betty: ok i did not know that.
fangs: yea...until now me, kevin, sweet pea, and katie are the only ones who knew.
cheryl: um details?!
kevin: shes 5 and really adorable. she's mixed because the father is blonde i'm pretty sure. don't quote me though. josie never talked about him. i'm assuming it was rape.
veronica: omg no way. i feel so bad.
toni: ^
fangs:

cheryl: stop it she's a little cutie! veronica: o m g betty: shes very cute but i mean what's gonna happen to her? sweet pea: no clue

veronica: o m g
betty: shes very cute but i mean what's gonna happen to her?
sweet pea: no clue. i'm pretty sure she doesn't have any relatives who would be given custody of her.
toni: well on a sadder note when's the funeral and stuff?
betty: this weekend. 12 pm-3 pm wake.
cheryl: we'll be there.
kevin: same for kangs
archie: varchies in.
sweet pea: i'll be there but question. kids or no kids?
betty: kids. since we're all going i'm pretty sure we don't have anyone to watch them.
sweet pea: ok.
kevin: in the meantime do you guys want to come over? fangs just got a call from social services asking if layla can stay here temporarily since we were the first people she asked for. you guys can meet her.
cheryl: sleepover?
kevin: sure
(everyone says yes i'm just lazy to write it.)

off group chat

cheryl's pov
me and toni explained to all the kids about what had happened and that we were going to kev's house for a sleepover. since they have never met josie because she was the only one who actually moved out of riverdale none of them were too upset about the whole thing.

they were excited to find out about layla. me and toni were excited as well to meet a new kid.

"grace do you need help packing your bag?" i asked while walking into her room. "all done!" she said and showed me her bag. "wow that was fast." i said. "is the new kid going to be adopted by kevin and fangs like i was by you and toni?" she asks while staring up at me. "well we're not really sure yet. she could be though. are you excited to meet her?" i say while bending down to her level.

"yes she's 5 right?" she asks me. "mhm she's your age." i tell her and she nods. "ok you can just play for now i'll call you downstairs when we have to leave." i say and walk out of her room.

i walk into aiden's room and low and behold he's sleeping. i kind of laugh to myself and walk over to his bed. "hey buddy. wake up we have to pack your bag." i say and rub his back. "but mama said i can nap." he says not even lifting his head from the pillow.

"alright i'll just pack it for you." i say and kiss him on the head. i walk over to his closet and pick out some pajamas, clothes for tomorrow, his blanket, and some toy trains. i leave him to sleep and go to evianna's room.

she's not even in here and i just assume she's downstairs watching tv or annoying one of her siblings. it's honestly not like she was going to pack her own bag anyway.

i get her travel bag from behind her door and pack pajamas, clothes for tomorrow, her pacifier, some toys, and a diaper. she's potty trained but still has accidents at night which me and toni really don't mind. we potty trained her really early anyway and it's perfectly normal for a 2 year old to still need diapers at night.

after i finish packing her bag i go to brandon's room. "do i have to go?" he asks me as i walk in. "sorry bud it's not a choice." i tell him. "but i'm busy playing video games." he says. "uncle fangs has a console in the basement. you can play on that. and fred will be there too." i said. "fine i'll go i guess." he said clearly a little annoyed. "did you pack a bag?" i ask him. "nope. i'll do it in a minute." he says. "just don't wait until the last minute." i say and walk out.

i get that there older now but sometimes i feel like i barley see brandon or liam. they basically live in there rooms. i can't be mad about it though, it's what teenagers do.

toni has already checked tayleigh, ella, angelica, and liam to see if they packed there bags so i made my way downstairs.

"hey cher can you come here for a second." i hear toni say from the kitchen. i walk into the kitchen and sit on the barstool next to her. "look what i finished." she says and shows me a huge photo album.

toni is still in love with photography and makes photo albums every now and then. "aw i'm so glad you finished that one. you should show everyone today." i said. "ok i'll bring it." she says.

A/n: sorry for the kind of short chapter. and sorry for killing off josie. i didn't know who else i actually wanted dead. comment some ideas for the next chapters!

Instas:
@Ronnie.Lodge

little appreciation post for my main squeeze

little appreciation post for my main squeeze. mommy loves you baby viv 💜
Comments:
@archie.andrews- my girl
@tiny.topaz- auntie toni loves her too
@cherylbombshell- i'm convinced she gets cuter everyday
@kevin.the.gay- i love her smile
@betty1cooper- stole my heart

@CherylBombshell

i think we can all agree liam is the greatest older brother Comments: @tiny

Comments:
@tiny.topaz- agreed
@ronnie.lodge- so sweet
@jugheadjones- tay is just chilling up there
@betty1cooper- he's so great with his little siblings
@fangs.fogarty- brandon might have something to say about that 👀
@cherylbombshell- @fangsforgarty lmao