forever family

A/n: listen to the song while reading ❤️ (and pay attention to the lyrics if u can, it's so cute and describes this family/book rly well)

the party soon came to an end and the only people left were our friends and there kids. as the cool summer air breezed through the backyard we all sat around the fire pit for one last time before our oldest kids would leave for college.

"do you guys have any advice for us?" emily asks. "well i think what's most important is to know is that you can't think about what your future will be like. you just have to live in the moment or else you'll miss all the good times." archie says.

"is it normal to be scared?" gianna asks. "yes of course." kevin laughs.

"i've only known you guys for a little bit but you guys are amazing people. and i'm very lucky i've gotten to know you guys. especially you june." amelia says and kisses juniper. "i'm so grateful for being brought into such an amazing family." juniper says.

"me too. and i don't say it enough but thank you so much for saving us." dagwood says. "me too. thank you cheryl and toni so much. i'm forever grateful to have the best moms in the world." ella says and i smile.

"i'm really lucky. my moms make me feel safe. and i love my forever family." grace says which makes my heart melt.

"i was born into this family and little did i know every single one of you would be crazy and insanely fun." angelica says. "you know you guys make crazy feel normal." brandon says and everyone laughs.

"crazy is our normal." evi says. "damn right it is." vivi says and veronica tickles her which causes her to giggle.

"i think the one thing i've learned from being a mom and getting to be an aunt to so many amazing kids is to just let them be little because you guys grow up way too fast." i say and start to tear up. "aw aunt toni don't cry. i promise we don't try to grow up." juliet says. "thanks jules." i say and laugh.

"yes i think i speak mostly for myself here but i don't want to grow up and i definitely don't plan on it anytime soon." tayleigh says. "yayyy tay stays little forever." fangs says and she smiles.

"we have so many great memories together. i don't want it to end." lizzie says. "technically it's not ending. we're just starting a new chapter. it'll be different for sure but it'll still be great." jughead says.

"yea we'll be like the side characters in this new chapter of life because we're gonna be a few states away." mason says. "oooo can i be the main character?" sebi asks. "you can be whatever you want." reggie says.

"i'm only 6. i'm not growing up anytime soon." cora says. "life goes faster then you think kid. make sure to make the most of everything." nicolette says.

"childhood memories are the most beautiful and unforgettable part of everyone's life." kayla says. "beetiful." avani says. "awww ava that's right it's beautiful." lea says.

"i wish you guys didn't have to leave for college." layla says. "me too. i'm gonna miss you guys." aiden says. "sometimes i wish i could go back to the old days and then just hit pause for a little while." fred says.

"seriously life goes by too fast." veronica says. "each of you make everyday worth living." sweet pea says. "truly." katie says.

"can we set off the fireworks?" luke asks. "yesss lets go!" jughead says and we all stand up and go over to the lawn.

the boys line the fireworks up and light them off. everyone watches in awe as the sky lights up above us all. the kids cheer and giggle.

i stood by myself for a moment overwhelmed with emotions. i was sad that the oldest were leaving but i also felt this warm fuzzy feeling inside of me. i was surrounded by all the people who make me feel safe, loved, and happy. nothing in the world could ever replace every hug, every kiss, everytime i've held one of them in my arms, and of course every memory.

snapping me out of my thoughts, cheryl comes up behind me and kisses my cheek. "i love you baby." i say. "i love you more. and i don't know what the future will bring but i hope it's sensational." she says.

"oh baby. this is our future. and it is sensational."

A/n: wow. i can't believe it's over. writing this book has been so much fun and has brought me so much joy. it makes me so happy that all of you guys reading it have fallen in love with the characters as much as i have. i thank each and every one of you who have read this book, commented, and made me feel like a good writer even tho i'm really not lol. never in my life did i think this many people would enjoy my writing. i might do a few bonus chapters or one shots with these characters in the future but for right now this is the end. from the bottom of heart thank you and i love you. i wish you all most sensational future you can possibly have and you all deserve the world. <3

but if you still want to read some more of my stories go check out my new book "silhouetted sins" and lmk how you like it!

with much love ❤️- jess