christmas oneshot

A/n: hope everyone has been having a wonderful christmas! stay to the end for some adorable insta posts! ❤️💚

cheryl's pov

4 months have passed and it's already christmas time. brandon and liam both came home for thanksgiving so it hasn't been too long since we've seen them but we're all still so happy that they're home for christmas.

today is christmas eve and we are preparing for our big annual christmas eve dinner that we were hosting this year. everyone in the house is helping out either cooking or cleaning while christmas music is playing and the fire in the living room is lit.

"mom where do you want this pillow?" brandon asks me and holds up a red plaid throw pillow. "um you can put it right here." i say and point to a spot on the main couch. he puts it on the couch and sits down.

"ah i'm so happy to be home." he says. "you don't like college?" i ask him. "no i love it but sometimes it's just nice to be home." he says. "i'm sure you don't miss the craziness." i say and laugh.

"believe it or not i actually do. it's strange only being with people my age. i'm used to being around kids." he says. "i get that but it's probably great that you get more privacy right?" i ask. "oh yea totally." he says.

"mommy!" aiden shouts and walks down the stairs with a huff. "what's up bud?" i ask as he walks into the living room. "i do not like this outfit." he says and crosses his arms. "why? you look so handsome." i say. "this sweater is itchy. mommy i hate it!" he says and i laugh a little bit.

"you only have to wear it for a little while. once dinner is over you can change into your pajamas." i say. "you look great bud. don't worry." brandon says. "that doesn't change the fact that it's itchy though." aiden complains. "ok yes i understand it's itchy but i already told you it's only for a little while. can you be a big boy please?" i ask.

"ugh fine." he says. "thank you. in the meantime can you go clean up your room best you can? make your bed, put away all your toys, and make sure there's no clothes on the floor?" i ask. "ok." he says and runs back upstairs.

"are you gonna wear that or are you changing?" i ask brandon. "no i'm gonna change don't worry. although i would love to, i'm not wearing sweatpants to christmas eve dinner." he says. "ok can you do that sooner rather than later. everyone is coming over in about an hour and a half." i say and he nods.

i make my way to the kitchen to find toni and liam cooking. "ooo it's smells delicious in here." i say inhaling the smell of turkey. "liam's a better cook than i thought. he's doing great." toni says. "it looks like it." i say. "i can't wait to eat it." liam says. "do you know where the girls are?" i ask.

"um i think angelica and ella are getting ready right now. they helped me set the table earlier so they are pretty much done helping out. i haven't seen tayleigh or grace in awhile. they might be getting ready too. and i put ev down for a nap about 15 minutes ago. i don't know how long she's gonna end up sleeping because she is really excited for the company coming over but i'd rather her sleep for 15 minutes than 0." toni informs me.

"oh ok. i'm gonna go check on the older girls and see how they're doing." i say. "k babe." toni says and i give her a kiss on the cheek before walking out of the kitchen and upstairs.

i walk into ella and angelica's room to see them doing tayleigh and grace's hair. "hi mommy." grace says after seeing me. "hi girls. you getting ready?" i ask. "yea. do you like it?" angelica asks me while showing grace's curled hair. "it's beautiful." i say. "thanks." ang says.